26 April 2010

Floods-Feet-Throw Up (Bad things come in threes, right?)

This is a picture of my foot after the swelling had started to go down.  I know it doesn't look bad but it was pretty swollen on the left side and bruised and knotty.  


What started out as a Saturday full of promise ended as the worst Saturday I think I've had in years.  I had a  nice to-do list and was so very excited about getting everything crossed off it.  I love having a written list and I LOVE crossing things off it.  Cleaning the bathrooms was on this list.  That was to include mopping, showers, tubs, etc...The jet tub in our room needed to be cleaned and I figured I'd clean out the jets as well as just the exterior.  So, off to look up how to clean out the jets.  I came across several that said to run the hottest water you have through it for 20 minutes with some Cascade Complete.  Water heater up?  Check. Fill up tub over jets? Check. Powder in tub and start jets? Check. Walk out of room for 5 minutes? Check.  Return to room with evaporated water and jets spewing all over bathroom? Check!

Needless to say, it was a hot mess. Literally.  We got it cleaned up and laughed about it.  I mean, what else can you do?

Moving on.  I am now exclusively pumping.  It takes a lot of time. Patience. Sitting. Mooing.  Anyway, I was pumping and I sit criss cross apple sauce when I do.  Well, I was sitting on the couch and I got up and apparently my feet were so asleep that I just fell over.  Yes, it was a freak pumping accident.  That fall resulted in a loud pop and a thud.  I was the thud. My foot was the pop.  I was laying on the floor laughing.  And my foot was hurting and asleep all at the same time.  We waited for a while and decided I'd go to the ER.  My friend Renee took me and we ended up with a really bad sprain and  "broken" bone.  I chipped off some of the bone. Who does that simply by standing up?  ME!  We looked at the positive, at least I didn't spill the milk.

Now, the first two were okay.  I flooded my bathroom and I broke my foot. Whatever.  But the third thing was the hardest :-(  We checked on Paxton around 1130 and he peed through his diaper and was awake so we got him up to change him.  As we were doing this we noticed he felt warm and we took his temp.  He had a fever and so we gave some meds.  Meds given. Check. Projective vomit x 2. Check.  This was a first for us.  Paxton has never been sick like that. It was the most terrible thing ever.  EVER.  Poor little angel didn't know what was going on.  You know, I never thought I'd react like I did but you go into Mommy Mode and you do what you have to.  It happened more and we ended up sleeping on an air mattress in his room.  He did well on that so I was thrilled :-)  He had a fever all day yesterday as well but got better and took a few naps and is back to himself today.  

Husband stayed home with me because I really can't do it all just yet but is back to work tomorrow.  I'm tired. My foot still hurts. I feel worthless because I can't do much. And yeah, it wasn't a great weekend but I'm looking forward to next weekend so we can try again!

Happy Monday Everyone!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I gave you an award!

Jennifer
www.lebedafamily.blogspot.com

Haylee said...

Oh Megan!!! At least you didn't spill the milk ;O) I really hope your foot starts feeling better and Paxton as well!

Jenn said...

Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! I saw that on facebook and i meant to comment on it last time I was on your blog but ended up having to go. Hope your foots better!