Easter was a pretty big hit around here. We started out on Friday morning with our playgroup Easter party and we got to have a visit from the big bunny himself.
This picture sums it up. Paxton LOVED him. He followed him around, shared his eggs, tried to get in every picture....pretty much fell in love with the poor bunny.
He also enjoyed the Egg Hunt. It was his first hunt as we didn't attend last years due to some illness and although he grasped the concept, he had his own method of doing things.
Step 1. Find Egg.
Step 2. Pick up Egg.
Step 3. Open Egg.
Step 4. Empty contents of Egg into basket.
Step 5. Throw egg on ground for someone else to pick up and run away with loot.
Repeat.
Emory had his own way of doing things. He was fully aware of the fact that big brother needed Mommy for the hunt and in turn he blissfully slept wrapped up in the Moby from beginning of party to end. Thank you little man. Mommy was and still is very appreciative.
On Easter morning we did some egg dyeing. Paxton woke up a little grumpy but all in all, he enjoyed it. He dyed eggs, play with his Easter basket and went back to normal daily activities.
Emory simply enjoyed one of his new Easter rattles and watched big brother run around and play. Emory loves you, Paxton!
We finished off our Easter weekend by going to Joe's parents house. Paxton and his cousin did an Easter Egg Hunt and played all evening. We had lots of yummy food and good conversation.
Most importantly I thought a lot about Easter and why I love it more than many other holidays. Pretty much, well, it's because I love Jesus. He died. On a cross. Painfully. To save me. Me? ME! And well, if that isn't worth celebrating, than what is? Eggs and bunnies are fun (and I correlate them with the holiday by telling myself that God created bunnies and chickens to lay eggs and God is Jesus' father and so in turn, Eggs and Bunnies on Easter...) but someone giving their life to save me is much more fun.
(And don't worry Shannie, I'll pray for you ;) <-----winky face, LOVE YOU)
Now it's Monday. I don't care for Mondays. They are tiring and long. We could go to storytime at the library but Emory doesn't do too well there. I can't just get up and leave either as Paxton more times than not won't just sit and stay and then also needs help with his craft. We'll probably just hang out at home. Maybe paint and color and read our own books. Emory is napping away and Paxton is playing attempting to dissect his busy ball popper.
Happy Easter. Happy Resurrection. Happy Monday.

3 comments:
Wow, the Easter bunny was helping him!! How fun! I bet he loved that!! I bet the little guy slept through all of it! They are both so cute!
I saw that spinner on another blog. That looks like it would be a lot of fun!! Mess free? I bet her had fun watching that!
Yes, we saw the Radfords. We only live about 20 minutes from there so we'll probably keep going back. We went to their church a few years ago but for a 30 minute drive when your on a fixed income isn't a great idea. Now that we are a little closer it helps!
Hey! You should sign up for my giveaway! The more people I get to sign up the bigger and better the Scentsy items will get. My Scentsy rep is waiting to see how great my numbers are.
I'm trying to get into blog reviews but I have to have a much larger following before that happens. I guess we'll see! lol
Now that I've taken up half your comment page I guess I better get off and clean my house!!
Have a great week!!
LOL I love you, so freaking much!
I'm trying to be more 'interesting.' As you can tell I'm joining all these different blog groups - Muffin Tin Monday, To-Do Tuesday, Wordless Wednesday, New Friend Friday . . .
I started blogging for family and friends that I rarely saw but now I love it and it's more of a huge hobby for me. More so than scrapbooking at the moment! So i decided that If I was going to blog I might as well get paid for it. I joined 2 review clubs - i'm sure you saw bussines2bloggers on my page. Thats the most recent. I'm supposed to get products in the mail for free and do a review on it then i can start doing more giveaways! It's a start. I guess we'll see if it actually amounts to anything!!
Post a Comment