When you bring a new life into the world, not only is it one new life, but a new life for all involved. Daddy has to adjust. Paxton has to adjust. I have to adjust. We're trying though. It'll be a fun ride. Some people just slip into this awesome routine and everything just flows and they are back to their normal life and what not on day 3. This is not us :-)
That being said we aren't the complete opposite either. We're doing okay. We love our little new life that God has given us. He likes to eat and sleep and then usually eat some more and well, you know, the typical life of a 10 day old.
Paxton loves "my baby". He hugs and kisses his baby and tells his baby hi and night night baby and bye bye baby. He's a good big brother. I don't want time to pass quickly but I do get excited about the day they will play together and be the bestest of friends.
We've been so blessed that Daddy has been home for 2 weeks with us. Sadly, on Monday, he'll go back to work. Hopefully my mom (grammy) will be here if weather allows but if not Aunt Jessie is going to come hang out and run some errands with us in the morning. I've planned on getting E weighed as we had so many issues with P that I just can't sit back and hope. Breastfeeding is going much better though, so I'm hoping it's enough. My goal for Monday is just to have passed his birth weight. I'm really praying hard for that one. He's still super tiny but I can tell he is already changing a ton so I'm hoping that ton converts to weight and he's gaining at a healthy rate.
We've also been super blessed in the way of friends. We've not had to cook but 2 times in 10 days. Friends are overwhelmingly abundant and for this, we are thankful.
It's after 10 so I think I'm going to lay down until E tells me to get up and feed him. I'm not into the laying/sleeping and nursing because I simply do not trust myself to not squish my kid. I'm a solid rock sleeper and it's just not worth the risk for us. Because of this we fully wake and nurse for round near an hour and that kind of cuts into our sleepy time. Sleepy time. Yeah, I'm off to bed.
Night night.
1 comment:
How's P adjusting? Kinzley was soo jealous and had a really hard time with it. She wouldn't even talk to me at the hospital and the first day at home because she was so upset. Hopefully you've had a much easier time!! Hope you slide into a nice routine of your own soon! I know it's hard until you can do that! You have such a beautiful family!
Post a Comment