Well it's true. I'm almost 39 weeks pregnant. I'm still pregnant and I feel great. I'm not one to "miss" the baby in the belly because it's completely overshadowed by the baby in my arms. I will have to say that this pregnancy has been quite, well, easy. I've kept weight gain to a minimum, my blood pressure has been low the entire time and the baby has never even began to give us a fright of any kind. For that, Emory, we are thankful.
Something that makes me smile almost as much as the pregnancy...these dishes. Yes, dishes. Aren't they beautiful? This is my Christmas present from a variety of people as I turned gift cards, cash and a rebate card into something the whole family and all our friends can enjoy. Okay, the probably don't enjoy them as much as I do but the bounty of bright color just brings a glisten of joy to my heart. I present to you Fiestaware ala Peacock, Tangerine and Lemongrass. Ideally I'd like 16 sets and I have 12 but I can't find a 4th color that really just pops with these 3. The sunflower is pretty but just not as bright as I'm going for.
On another note, I always make resolutions for the new year. I forget them by January 9th and then it's just done. I go back to my nail biting, over eating, lazy and disorganized ways. This year I'm going to try something new. I'm making monthly resolutions that will stack on each other and by the end of the year hopefully have 12 resolutions completed. I don't have them all written out yet but I do have January's ready to go.
January=Planning weekly menus and sticking to them. With this I'll include trying at least 10 new recipes throughout the month. I'd love to post my menus and recipes here as to have a written reminder of what we'll be doing and eating! If followed properly we will in exchange eat out less and save more money. I'd love to go back to our cash envelope system and actually have a little cash leftover each month. With that extra money we can come up with something fun for the family to do, I'm sure of it!
Ooooo, and yesterday I forgot to pop on and wish my little monkey a "Happy 22 month birthday". 22 months old which means in 2 months he'll be 2. Lots of twos to go around. I should not have a 2 year old. He's still a baby. Repeat. He's still a baby!
I love you my little snowflake, keep on being you!
1 comment:
You look really cute pregnant!! I love the new dishes!
Post a Comment