It's Monday. Almost Tuesday. I should be in bed but it's pointless as Emory is up every 15 minutes at this time of night. Even if he's fed and changed, he's just cranky and asleep then cranky and asleep and well, it goes on and on. It's okay though. Part of the joy of mommyhood!
Daddy went back to work today. He said his first day back was much better than he thought it would be. I personally was not looking forward to it as we've been living in this family of four bliss. I simply enjoy my husbands company, even under sleepless circumstances. I like him being home. I can tell you one thing though, two squishys are going to keep me busy and in turn I don't think it'll seem like Daddy is gone as much. On the flip side, it might actually feel like he's gone more on those nice stressful I need a break days. We're not there yet though. I'll let ya know how that one pans out ;) Pretty much I'm saying I wish Daddy could come back home.
The stress was taken off my shoulders though. I felt I was not ready to be alone yet and since my mom couldn't make the trip thanks to crappy weather, my mother in law was able to use her day off to come help out. Paxton adores his "ma" and it was nice for me to be able to nap for 20 minutes, feed E without fear of Paxton getting into mischievous shenanigans. I also needed to get Emory weighed and that was not something I was looking forward to doing alone so thankfully I didn't have to.
Speaking of weight. Emory is up to 7 pounds 6 ounces. That is about 5 ounces in 6 days. We NEVER saw that increase (even though it's not much, it's still within average or expected) in Paxton. He gave me a run for my money but nursing is going much better this go round. No supplementing for us at this point, and for that I and my bank account are thankful. I am not thrilled with the fact I have thrush this go round too. I'm taking probiotics, got an Rx today and am doing everything I can to fight it. I won't let it get me this g0 round. I'm going to continue some pain meds daily until the pain subsides. We'll fight this. I'm not going to give up. Keep on nursing little man. Keep on gaining.
It's after 10. I don't hear crying at the moment. My mother in law is coming back tomorrow to help out again. I think I'll go to bed now.
2 comments:
I'm so happy for you and your family. I noticed that you were using cloth diapers in your pictures of Emory on Facebook. We're thinking about going to cloth. Any suggestions on which ones are the best?
This post made me smile. Only a few more pounds before those one size pocket dipes fit, huh?
Post a Comment