As usual we are blessed. We got to spend Christmas morning just one last time as a family of 3. Paxton had a grand time going to bed not knowing what would await him the next morning. Candy before 10 am, a stocking to dig into and presents to tear from one end to the other. This was his first time to actually enjoy opening gifts and tearing paper and wanting everything inside. He, of course, didn't last year and then at his birthday he would rather his friends have opened everything and he just played with one toy the entire time. But oh my how he has grown. Each toy/box/gift required a "shocked face" that he just decided to come up with out of no where. It had the cutest little potential phrase behind it..."mommy, daddy, is it really for me, can I really play with it now?". No, he didn't actually say that, but he looked like he was thinking it. He did however say "my toy" with a small Asian twang. Cute!
I say part 1.5 because we celebrated as a family on Christmas day and then went to join some friends for a late lunch. Because of terrible weather conditions my mom and brother made it to town around 9 or so and made it safely (which was of course, my only priority with their trip). See, everyone in Oklahoma apparently wanted a white Christmas. Those that wished, got their wish but were ungrateful for what was provided. More than enough for a snowman, and more than enough to keep families apart on Christmas and days after as well. I sat and watched facebook status's of people who weren't getting to be with their parents, kids, families and the sort on Christmas and it was extremely sad to me, but I just stayed cozied up with my boys and was thankful I wasn't traveling in that mess. I guess we need to be a little more specific in our wishes to the big Guy and mother nature. Anyway, as mentioned, Mom and David made it and the next morning we did our little Christmas with them. Paxton got to open presents from his Aunt Rachelle, Aunt Teresa and Grammy and Grandpa Mark. Surprised faces were in abundance :) I'd say out of all the things he received, he is still most enthralled with this little train set Grandpa Mark got him. It's a little oval track with a Thomas that just goes around...and around...and around...and, well, you get the picture. He has never seen an episode of Thomas in his life but he loves that little blue true and has so far turned him on every morning, afternoon and night.
Aforementioned surprised face above :)
I was very excited to be able to go to the Mall the morning after Christmas. I am not a mall girl anymore, or a shopping girl for that matter (unless I get to buy pretty new dishes and household things, but more on that in Christmas part something else). Anyway, we went to the mall to find this seasonal kiosk that sells stockings and ornaments. It's called "Personalized by Santa". When Paxton was in tummy, we picked up one the day after Christmas along with his first ornament with his name and "2008" on it. We also got that stocking as shown above. Both for 50% (I don't care for shopping but when I do, it had better be on sale). Well, we trecked back with the whole family and found the store again. We got Emory a stocking that is quite similar to Paxton's and both his and Paxton's ornaments for next year. A cute babyish one that daddy picked out for Emory and a choo-choo for Paxton. Both with their names and "2010". Yay!
More Christmas love and pictures and celebrations to be had, but I must actually get out of bed now :)
Oh, I'm still pregnant with little Emory. Had we gone with the c-section he would have been here by now. Apparently he wasn't ready to come out so I'm very thankful we didn't. The little guy decided to give me a shot at our ever so desired VBAC and that automatically puts him in the top running for the "one of my favorite kids I've ever had" award. For this, I love you little Baby Emory. Of course for several other reasons as well, but this one...it's a biggie. So bake away, and when you're ready, let us know, and we'll do this! I'm a little over 38 weeks pregnant and you're not showing any signs of making your appearance so just do what you need to do and we'll see you soon!
1 comment:
What an awesome Christmas!!! Miss you!
Post a Comment