31 December 2009

First haircut

So someone told me the time was here. The dreaded time that I wasn't ready for. The time when my son needed his first haircut. I use the term need loosely. Yes it was long and curly and unruly but I loved the hair. But alas, I was convinced by the pressure of others that it was time.

The above pictures is "before". The below picture is "after". Yes, he looks handsome and he did GREAT. He didn't fuss, cry, wail or anything of the sorts. He sat in his firetruck, ate not one but two suckers, rang the bell on the truck, turned the wheel and watched Cars on the flatscreen in front of him. Man, I want to know where I can get my haircut and get such great treatment!
After the haircut we grabbed some lunch and went home for a little rest time. We then geared back up to head to the mall (the weekend before Christmas, really?) and went to Build-A-Bear. Paxton had never been and had a good time. We let him pick out whatever animal he wanted and he kept going back to the "meow". The "meow" that says "meow" and is now named "meow". It's true, the birth certificate says so. Paxton gave his meow three hearts and stuffed a little meow sound box in his foot so as the meow does in fact say "meow".
When he was done with his meow we went and got more sweet and fun things (milkshakes and fun ride in cars) and ended our special day together. It really was a great day.

This is the also the day I got my pictures transferred from my old Mac to my new Mac. Being able to salvage all those precious memories made the day special in and of itself. It cost pennies compared to the priceless treasures we could have lost. Note to everyone. Back up every picture you take somewhere...one day you might not get those back if you aren't prepared!

Everyone here is doing well. I'll update more later but just wanted to share some pictures as I have been slacking. I have several Christmas pictures to share and then REALLY want to share pictures of the house!

Happy New Year's Eve. Be safe tonight (and every night). Be with friends and family and those you love.

No comments: