11 August 2009

It's been a while!

Before Libby went to live with Aunt Jessie and Uncle Brandon.  Only until we sell the house!  Then the girls are coming home.
Daddy and Paxton on the slide having a BLAST at Connor's birthday party!
Family picture...and mommy being a wee bit preggo!
Doing some household repairs!
Daddy and Paxton at the park in Enid. (And I just noticed they both are wearing their zoo shirts from San Diego...small Shannon shout out!)

So it's been a busy month.  Being I'm the only mom in the world goes to school full time and stays home with my son while being pregnant, I'm sure no one knows what I'm talking about.  (Totally kidding by the way...)  Anyway, my July classes were not any harder than any other classes I've been in but both of them happened to be classes full of nothing but busy work.  One of them was full of junk that was due every other day.  It was super annoying.  I finished though, and with an A..hopefully two!

We've also had a few sick weeks.  Paxton had hand, foot and mouth and we're not sure where it came from.  That went away, he got better, then he came down with a cold and a cough :(  It was really sad.  His little coughing just broke my heart.  Of course, I followed suit and got sick and honestly, felt like being hit by a truck would have been better than that.  We both went to see the doctor and we both paid 15 bucks to be told we were fine (although I knew this, but for daddy's peace of mind, we went anyway).  I did get told that my ear infection from last year (it was pretty bad) has left some damage and they want me to see an ENT when I'm un-pregnant.  I hope my ear doesn't fall off by then.  That would not be cool.  I feel no pain in it though so I'm not sure what the deal is.

I then went on to a week of finals, a weekend of going to Enid and that followed a weekend to Hot Springs, dinner with friends and a BBQ with friends the next night.

Speaking of which, I'm sad.  REALLY sad.  One of my best friends is moving to Texas.  1. She's moving and that makes me terribly sad.  2. She's moving to Texas.  Texas?  Booo.  We'll have to send them with some OU t-shirts, just because we can :)  All we can do is spend as much time with them as possible before they go.  I've been so blessed to make such wonderful friends here and the thought of people moving on just makes my heart a little blue!

Paxton is doing well now.  He's finally playing with friends again and having a grand time doing it.  He's napping well, playing well and doing a lot well :)  He talks non stop.  Seriously, ask anyway.  He'll tell you all about everything he knows, and even a few things he doesn't know.  He's got stories, and quite a few for his short little 17 months of life.  Must get all that story telling from his Poppy.  He's as active as active can be.  He isn't too much into eating right now.  Kid won't even eat things like Mac and Cheese.  I'm sure it's yet another stage.  I assure you, he isn't starving to death (as his Buddah belly proves) but I am hoping he starts to love all food again.  

Baby deuce is doing well as far as I know.  S/he is 17.5 weeks old and is sitting/swimming quite comfortably in his/her home.  I have no inclination as to what the sex is.  With Paxton, I knew from the beginning he was a he and this time I just have no clue.  I can assure you it's a human baby, but other than that, I've got nothin'. I've got some names picked out.  Joe doesn't have an opinion either way it seems.  If he doesn't throw some real suggestions out there soon though, I'm just picking the names and running :)  We'll see how that works out.  Pregnancy is different this time.  I'm sure part of it has to do with having a toddler running around (holy fart, I have a toddler???) but for some reason my eating is very messed up.  I know I have to eat, so I don't need to hear about that (i LOVE my meme but I got lectured so many times the last go round about how cereal is not a meal), but for some reason I have no desire for much food at all.  While pregnant with Paxton and after as well, I could eat everything.  Maybe this wasn't a good thing, but it was what it was.  I could go to Taco Bell and order three things and finish them all as if I were consuming a 5 star meal.  I can't even finish one now.  I take a bite of cold pepperoni and onion pizza from Papa John's (my favorite) and throw the rest away.  Why can't I have this food aversion when I'm NOT pregnant, when I'm not supposed to consume 2000 calories a day...as opposed to now when I am supposed to be eating more and can barely stomach one full meal.  Eh, at least I'm a cheap date.  I even bought my favorite shake the other day and had about 3 drinks before thinking it tasted like something much less desirable and passing it on to Joe.  Lucky Joe.  Unlucky me.  I still gag often.  I'm tired a lot.  I nap when kid naps (so thank you my dear baby, er, toddler Paxton, for giving me several 2.5-3 hour naps recently.  You are my hero!

Well, it's good to be back but it's bed time in B-ville.  Hope everyone is finding themselves well.  Taking advantage of all the good and trying to rid themselves of all the negative.  I have a few more pictures to post but will do those tomorrow!

*Megan* 

PS. Kami, you should teach me how to do a name thingy.  A sign off if you will. Okay, that's all :)

3 comments:

Shannon said...

WOOT! Those t-shirts are the bestest things in their wardrobe, not going to lie!

Miss you mama and I'm glad everyone is feeling mostly better.

MJ said...

I've missed you!
You are such a cute preggo!
P is getting so big and his curls....
l.o.v.e. them!

You better find out...I have piles and piles of clothes waiting to be mailed :)

Taylor Made said...

UH OH.....um your eating habits sound EXACTLY like mine when I was pregnant with the twins!!!! I know you probably have only seen one baby or only heard one heartbeat, but believe me..the other one can be hiding! When I was pregnant with our sweet little Addison, I ate like you did with Paxton, but with the twins..way different pregnancy...so, ummmm....yeah...good luck! (Don't trust ultrasounds...I talked to someone last night who didn't know she was having twins...till she was in the middle of having twins!) It will be okay though..I have lots of stuff to give ya! lol!