19 August 2009

At least it didn't take me a month this time!

Visiting Grammy in Oklahoma
A big boy.  A big boy facing forward.  A big boy facing forward even though I still don't particularly care for it.  /Just sayin'. 
Paxton, Logan and Jackson playing in Connor's pool.
Daddy's helping babies while this mommy was LAZY!  

Back to the grind of life.  We've had a good couple of weeks and a busy couple of weeks.  Most of the time has been spent keeping the house clean, finishing up my semester, hanging out with wonderful friends and getting ready to start the Fall semester.  I was going full time in the summer and it was a lot for such a short period of time.  It kept me from doing a lot of things I want to do but I'm 12 hours closer to finishing my degree.  We've figured out that after this semester I'll have about 26 hours left and I'll be done.  I'm so excited about it.  It's been a long road but I've had a lot of support from Joe, family and friends and it will pay off!

Paxton is doing really well.  He's starting to say so much more with almost no work.  I'm keeping my friend's son, Jackson, and Paxton thinks he's got a new brother.  He woke up this morning a little earlier than he had been and when Joe walked in to get him he said "ja ja"  He knew Jackson was coming and he was very happy.  He'll be a sad piggy when Jackson goes to day care but we're definitely making the most of the playing time now!  Monday we hit up story time and then a few play times with Lo and Con-man.  We had two showings at the house that day and had to be out because I couldn't risk the boys hitting like hurricanes!  Tuesday we did play group at Kami's and then today we played at Rock Creek and headed home for some more playing, lunch and naps (hence me blogging).  
We have Paxton's 18 month appointment coming up shortly and I can't wait to see how big he's gotten.  When he was tiny I cringed at the thought of going to see his Pedi.  I had to wait to hear how small he was, how he wasn't growing fast and pretty much how I was failing as a parent (no, they never said that, but that is how I felt).  Now I hear how big he is, how smart he is, how cute his super curly hair is and how we're doing everything right.  I can't lie, that doesn't get old.

Joe is doing great as well.  He's having so much fun with Paxton as Paxton grows up.  Paxton walks, runs and loves playing with his daddy.  He could play with mommy for a bit but when daddy is home, he is the man!  I love to watch Paxton grab Joe's finger and drag him to the room to show him his latest whatever it is that needs showing!  
Joe is also doing well at work.  He got promoted to Engineer II.  I've been asked "what does that mean?".  I think it means that he gets what comes along with a promotion and gets to put a II behind his title instead of a I.  :)  I'm so proud of my honey!  He's doing what he loves and he's able to balance home, family and work.  He never complains when he's doing laundry or cleaning up after dinner.  We've really been working well together as far as the house goes and not only does it make my life so much easier, it gives me yet another reason to respect him even more!  I love that guy.

Baby Byers is still in bloom.  I'm 18 weeks along...or 19 weeks, one or the other!  S/he is doing well as far as I know :)  We've got another appointment in less than two weeks and we should find out the gender then.  I'm not feeling one way or another.  Everyone tells me it's a girl but I think it's just because everyone wants me to have a girl.  I'm trying to not think about it because so long as we've got a healthy baby, I'm a happy mommy.  Buying pink would be fun because pink IS my favorite color but real men wear pink, so that isn't out of my cards one way or another!

I better get the living room cleaned up before two little boys decide to wake up and destroy it again!

1 comment:

Together We Save said...

Sweet pictures. Facing the front is a big step. I liked it for my little ones because I could see them better.