31 August 2009

I'm the only pink

In a house full of boys!  Coming this January we'll be adding another little boy to the Byers family!  We're very excited :)  Paxton will simply adore having a little brother.  He plays with little girls and does well but when he's with his buddies of the male persuasion, it's just too cute!  No real name thoughts just yet.  I have one in my head but I'm not sure if we want to stick with the same initials or go with something new!  

We had a good appointment overall.  Blood pressure and heart rate all look good on me.  Baby's brain/heart/belly/movements were all good.  He had a fast little beat of 154 bpm.  He was actually moving for us in the ultrasound and you could see him bringing his hand to his face.  CUTE!  We got a great little profile shot of him with a super sweet button nose :)  I'm only 20 weeks so this next part doesn't matter as much YET but he was breach as of now.  To be honest, this annoys me.  I could have gone without that piece of info.  I'm seeing one of the most "natural suggesting" doctors in the area and even he said that more often then not, they don't do VBACs after 2 c-sections.  I've already called the chiropractor and will also be looking for an acupuncture therapist to see if necessary.  I've done so good to do what is best for my body this go round (as far as weight gain and what not) and I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed a VBAC.  More than words can express in this blog, it isn't about want...it's about need.  All the doulas I've spoken with say that this practice will let me go without any inductions to give the baby whatever time the baby might need to get him to turn so I'm overly confident that I will not end up with a c-section unless it is medically necessary for either myself or our son.  I just don't want the opportunity taken away from me again, if that makes sense?

ANYWHO.  Baby is good. Paxton is good. Mommy is good. Daddy is good. Can't ask for anything more! :)

4 comments:

Chell said...

I am still so excited!! YEAH for a little Brother!! YEAH for everything going good so far... :)

MJ said...

I'm your biggest fan! You know this! VBAC here we come. Can't wait to meet this wonderful little guy you're baking!

Shannon said...

I think Jani and I may share that biggest fan title. You can do IT!!!

My midwife told me to get my preggo booty in the pool and do somersaults to flip Torryn.

Anonymous said...

Hooray!!!!! I'd LOVE having two boys! I'm so happy for you!!