14 September 2009

18 months old/22 weeks

In all my pregnant glory, here I am at 22 weeks.  Joe and I had the rare chance to go out to eat while my mom was in town.  We decided to dress nice and have a night on the town.  Our night turned into a few hours because after dinner we really just wanted to get back home :)
He's getting so big!  We're trying a new diaper and we really like it. We've ordered some from different people and this one came from Shannon.  He looks good in orange. And cloth :)
Jealous much?  We had play group at our house and Ms. Kristin had baby Daphne's seat sitting next to her.  Not only did Paxton jump right in but he grabbed the phone and started texting/talking away.  Will he love Emory's seat equally as much?  :)

Well Paxton is 18 months old and he's such a joy, such a wonderful little boy.  He gets smarter every day.  He learns new things every day.  Some things are less than desirable (climbing on top of the desk!) but some things are just amazing.  Most things are amazing :)  He's still soaking up new words daily.  Yesterday he was copying Joe and I so I told him to say Grammy (my mom) and he very articulately said "Mammy".  He knows mommy and he didn't not say mommy.  He said Mammy.  By the time I could get ahold of my mom he was too busy helping daddy put locks on the cabinet doors.  We were trying not to as we were going to sell the house but as we've decided to stay here for a few more years, we're installing the locks.  

While Paxton is 18 months old, Emory is 22 weeks.  He's moving.  A lot.  Paxton moved, some, but Emory doesn't stop.  Almost to the point where it makes me sick daily.  I'm still feeling sick most mornings, especially when Joe makes eggs for Paxton.  It's all part of this being pregnant business and I'm good with it.  I am a bit sad I've never received that second trimester burst of energy.  I'm tired most of the time but you don't have the time to really rest much.  When Paxton naps I try to nap but sometimes homework wins my attention.  I'm looking forward to not going to school for once when the baby is born.  I usually get a break for one reason or the other and Emory is coming at the perfect time :)  

Hopefully this week we'll begin painting Emory's room.  We've got a blank canvas to work with so hopefully it'll be as good as we're thinking it will be.  Everyone is telling me I've got a lot of work cut out for me but I used to enjoy painting so I'm hoping that hasn't changed.  I'm ready to get in there and get started!

Well it's time we finish stuffing diapers and get ready for story time at the library! :)  

Have a good day everyone! :)

4 comments:

Joe Byers said...

Pretty lady and good looking boy!!
(i think i show up as anonymous, so this is JOE!!)

Shannon said...

Yes, he certainly does look great in orange! :D Love you!!!

Jenn said...

He's getting so big and he's too cute!

MJ said...

You are gorgeous and perfect as always. P is handsome and perfect as always. Soleil's new word is yellow aka "yeah-yo". Give baby and baby to be kisses from S and I.

ps. we are rooting, praying, chanting for your VBAC woman!