Thanks to my father in law, I officially feel "country"!
I've recently set sail on the frugality waters and in this conquest I've learned that fresh produce is not as cheap as canned and doesn't stay good as near as long. In turn, you lose flavor and add sodium, amongst other additives that are less than pleasing to the body and taste palate. Mike (my father in law) knows that I love fresh produce and more than my love for them, I love to feed Paxton good, rich, healthy foods. Of course this isn't always the case but when we can, we do! Anyway, middle of the Spring hit and we were given a few plants to try and grow. He said it was not a difficult thing to do but I secretly knew I'd kill the poor tomatoes, cucumbers and squash that was so delicately placed in our care. As you see, we have 5 buckets. 3 are tomatoes, 1 is squash and 1 is cucumber. They are all growing beautifully. It's only a matter of days/weeks before we start seeing serious bounty :). After getting off the phone with my father in law and telling him we had no veggies yet, Joe came in to tell me that I needed to get my shoes on to go out and see our first tomato! Bring on picture number two! I'm officially a country bumpkin (okay, not really, but boy do I feel domestic). I have my first real tomato!
2 comments:
I wouldn't let you kill them ;)
OOO Way to go Megan!!! :D
Post a Comment