30 May 2009

Saturday, can't you feel the thrill of it?

Yes, I have a walking baby now.  Let us just be realistic here, it is opening up some doors that are great and some that are not so hot.  Climbing on toys falls under category two.  I'm not sure why he finds this necessary but alas, the legs on the table are removed often!
Family picture taken on Mother's Day.  Paxton was a doll, as usual :)
Paxton and Daddy were being silly.  No other reason for this cute picture :)
About ready to leave on a jet plane.
Ms. Panda.  Or Mr. Panda.  I don't recall.  

I've taken a bit of a blogging break because I've been tired.  Really tired.  Between our vacation and school, I've kind of fallen behind in life.  We went to California for a week and had a really good time.  The company was wonderful, the weather was beautiful and Paxton was the best flying companion I could have asked for.  We had a one hour flight followed very shortly by a three hour flight.  He did GREAT.  He didn't fuss, didn't complain, didn't cry.  He rested, slept, played peek-a-boo with willing travelers and won the hearts of many.  He was such a champ.  I know when mommies have crying babies on planes it is not the parents fault, but I'm not going to lie, I was terrified that would be me.  I'm not saying that it is easy to travel with a child but he made it just about as simple as it could have been.  Man, I love this kid.

While in San Diego he really wasn't walking much but we got home and BAM, off he went.  He still crawls of course but his walking is out of this world.  It looks weird to me.  When he started it was pretty cute but it looks weird to me now.  I'm so proud of him but my baby was supposed to walk later.  Our pediatrician said her daughter didn't walk until she was 17 months, I was more pushing for that time line but his little legs are made for walking and apparently, that is just what he'll do!  My friend Tracy told me he wasn't a baby anymore, he might be MY baby but he wasn't a baby...well my friend, you are wrong.  He IS a baby and he will always be.  Joe said he's a big boy, but Joe is wrong.  You are all wrong.  He's a baby!

It is Saturday and the only "work" I had to do is done.  I plan on doing nothing until we head to a birthday party at 4 today!  Happy Birthday Party Day Logan!  Your mommy has a 2 year old now, I bet he is still a baby to her....HA!

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

YAY for Pedestrian Paxton!!! WOOT!

We had such a fun time with you when you visited. Miss you still and I'm going to send you the pics here very soon, I promise.

Get some rest!

Kami said...

Yes...he's still a baby to me!! Only, for some reason, he doesn't fit in my lap quite as well when I'm rocking him...

Anonymous said...

WTG Pax!! I can't believe he's already walking! He's just adorable as always.