03 November 2010

Beautiful Weather and Halloween

The weather is FINALLY starting to resemble Fall.  I absolutely love it.  Of course now we're getting all of that rain that we so desperately needed!  When it wasn't raining we made it a point to go out back and play!  P has so much fun running around, swinging and playing in his sand tables.  


 Even when we manage to be stuck inside, E finds something to play with on.  He climbs now.  Of course I didn't run to get the camera when he did this, it was on the kitchen counter.  I've also seen him climb on the couch by pushing a toy up to it, climbing on the toy and then up to the couch.  Really? REALLY!!??  He's only 9 months old.  P wasn't even crawling at this point so this is a bit nuts for us.

We got to celebrate Halloween with our playgroup friends.  P went as a lion.  He shed the costume pretty quickly but I got some cute pictures :)  


E went as the little monkey he is.  I've personally never seen a more adorable monkey!  

While chatting with my friend the morning of the party, I remembered that I had this "pioneer woman" costume.  I thought, why not?  So mommy dressed up too!

We've also went Trick or Treating and to a birthday party on Halloween!  P LOVED LOVED LOVED it.  He wanted to "Ging Gong" at every house and would even start to try and open the doors if they didn't answer fast enough. We weren't going to go in the beginning but I'm so glad we did!  We went with some friends and it was so wonderful seeing the kiddos so happy.  P kept the lion costume and and his friend was a cute little bumble bee.  Definitely the cutest costumes on the block!  We racked up candy as well.  I don't know why but I wasn't expecting to get that much.  He's been eating one piece a day and also trading in 10 pieces a day for  Hot Wheel.  He thinks it's a beyond fair trade so we're going with it!  

Well, it's Wednesday. It's raining.  We're stuck inside again.  We've only gone to Target this week and I snuck out to Kroger this morning.  While out, I knew we'd be stuck at home again today so I stopped by the Redbox machine and grabbed a Word World DVD for P to watch.  Just something new to add for a day!

Hope everyone has a great week <3

Oh! And a belated "Happy Anniversary" to Dad and Grant!  Although your facebook status is inaccurate (I believe 25 years ago the best thing came into your life :wink:) I'll go with it...for now :)


No comments: