Daylight Savings Time is amazing. Daylight Savings Time with kids is not amazing.
The End!
Really, the kids haven't been affected by DST but I have. I miss getting that extra hour of sleep. The day felt the same to me until late afternoon. We got home from being out all afternoon and I had to take a nap. I meant to sleep for like, ten minutes but apparently slept for 30. Oops. We started adjusting the kids naps and bed times a week in advance to get them ready for the clock change. It went smoothly for them! Saturday night we stayed out a bit later than usual and I think that helped. Our neighborhood had their 3rd annual chili cook off and bon fire. It takes place at a house that isn't in our neighborhood but it's a nice big place with lots of land for the fire, hayrides and playing. We had a good time this year, just like last year! I may or may not have won the chili cookoff :) I may or may not have the coveted Golden Plunger on my mantel as we speak ;-)
They also had the new Benton mobile crime unit come out for the kids to check out. The chief of police and the Mayor were there as well! Kind of neat.
Paxton and Madison sitting on the back of the MCU. They let both kids push the siren button and they thought it was cool
Us on the Hayride. I look like I don't have a neck. I do. I promise.
On Sunday we went to husband's company picnic. Paxton had a good time when he wasn't upset about waiting in lines :) The lines weren't long but he likes to do do do and go go go and it can be more work for us with Emory in tow. We all enjoyed the baseball throwing thing and the golfing one. I *really* enjoyed the golfing one. Made me want to go to the driving range. Maybe one day :)
We actually had more fun at the neighborhood event then at his company picnic. The company was geared towards families and had fun activities but the neighborhood party was more geared for spending family time together. If that makes sense.
Anyway. Now we're back to another week. We have a play group tomorrow and then friends coming over to play on Wednesday afternoon. I'm planning on going to Tennessee to visit a great friend and meet her new baby on Friday. Husband will take a little time off so I can leave early afternoon and I'm coming back on Sunday. I hope everyone has a great week!



1 comment:
They are getting so big!! I loved the pictures! Oh and your new family pictures on fb too!!
Post a Comment