27 November 2010

Kitchen Time

I absolutely love the holiday season. We spend more time in the kitchen, it seems, then any other room in the house.  Thing 1 loves to be in the kitchen with me.  He isn't exactly patient when it comes to the waiting and baking part but he sure loves to help.  I think we were done mixing by the time he was licking the beater.  Well, maybe?

With the quick turnover of holidays comes a quick turnover of decor. I kind of skipped Halloween this year but won't make that mistake again.  Thing 1 loved the white ghosts, witches and black cats.  He most of all loved the "punkins".  He was so sad to see them go.  I at least had my Fall stuff up all season long so he still got to see quite a few pumpkins!  I even made this cute little "Give Thanks" banner to hang from the mantle.  I *really* *REALLY* want the boys to grow up and say "remember how Mom used to decorate for every holiday".  



We also went to a birthday party last weekend.  Our good friend Annabelle turned one so we helped her celebrate with playing, cake and presents. Of course we Paxton was most excited about cupcakes.  We can even mention parties anymore because he simply associates them with cake.  We told him our friends were coming over for Thanksgiving and it was from that point out referred to as "my tanksgibing party".  Sadly for him there was no cake.  Pie, yes. Cake, no.

Another kitchen creation.  My friend made one of these for our play group halloween party so I wanted to make one too.  Hers had Recees Pieces and I used peanut butter M&Ms.  It was SO rich. We were eating dinner at our friends house that night and if there was a theme it would have been "bad for you party food" so with that as the main course we couldn't exactly put this cake away.  I ended up giving all the leftovers to my friend Colleen.  She likes sweets =)

Right now we're laying in bed (well, husband is up and down fighting the baby) and watching Bedlam.  Boomer Sooner!