I can't believe it's already October. I mean, I was begging for it to get here but it just wasn't happening. But then it did. And I love it. The weather has finally decided to quit sucking (what a lovely term for a lady to use). It's nice and cool and crisp and I just love love love it.
We're trying to stay busy which isn't hard to do for me. I'm really not a go go go kind of person but I love watching the boys play with their friends so we try to make that happen a few times a week. On Monday we had friends over to play, on Tuesday I kept my friends twin girls (and they were FAB!) and then today we went to a playgroup all morning! Tomorrow we're leaving for Oklahoma for a few days and then back to the grind next week.
Pacman is doing great. He's currently quite possessive of his new (to him) train table and trains. Poor little Emac gets knocked down and screamed at all the time because of it. We're working on that though. It's a process!
Over the past few weeks I was also able to finish my dining room. I'm so very proud of it. Like a proud mommy watching her baby take his first steps. It was a lot of work but worth it all. I just love looking at my dining room now. I walk past it and smile quite a few times a day.
What do ya think?
And the best part was the fact it was done on a budget. Not one of those "this room only cost me $300 to redo" kind of budgets but like, mirrors from Goodwill/friends, garage sale ($1 for that white tree thing on the buffet, woot!) and stuff I already had budget. Tree branches from the wood line behind the house and leaves from the Dollar Tree. I had all the linens (have had for years, mom gave me Pampered Chef stuff a long time ago from when she sold it and she knew I'd use it). It's like my third baby. My quiet, nice to me doesn't throw up in my face and lets me sleep through the night baby. I love my dining room <3
I have to go be productive now.
XOXO




1 comment:
Your Dining room is fantastic. Totally looks like a different room. What a cool funky color too.
Post a Comment