11 October 2010

A little weekend trip (with a long post and a whole lot of pictures!)

We made a little trip back to good ol' Enid, America last Thursday.  We usually just hang around my moms, visit with Paxton's great great grandparents and my Dad and shop.  This trip proved to be a lot more fun.  We were able to fit in so much and both of the boys had a great time!  On Friday we were going to go to the Railroad Museum in the morning but they were closed until 1 so we decided to go to the Pumpkin Patch.  This pumpkin patch is a little church yard filled with pumpkins and cute picture set ups.  Pacman had a blast. He just ran and ran and ran in circles. He relocated pumpkins and put his face in the photo ops several times. Little man just sat in Grammy's arms and got down on the ground for the occasional picture!  I got SEVERAL good pics of the boys!  Here are both boys :)


My amazingly handsome husband who devotes every second he's home to spending time with the family.  He's the best!

After pumpkins we headed home to nap.  When the boys woke up we decided to go to the railroad museum.  Boy am I glad we did.  To say he loved it would be understatement of the year!  They had a large set up with little trains that just went along the tracks!  He could have watched it all day long!  

They also had several trains you could go in.  They were neat.  Taking a 2 year old here made it all completely priceless! 
"Driving" an old fashioned locomotive engine.  So cool.

Picture of E in front of the wheels.
  
After trains we went back to my moms and the weather was beautiful so we went outback and snapped a few pictures.  E was quite receptive of all the camera attention.  P could have done without.  He's 2. And stubborn.  

 Perfect light plus really cute kids make some great photos!


My mom even grabbed the camera and took a family photo!  We took one at the train museum, the pumpkin patch and in her backyard!  That is the most photos we've taken together since having 2 boys.  I actually don't hate any of them either.  :)


On Saturday we went to my brother's marching contest.  It brought back so many memories from high school.  I was a band genius (nerd sounds so mean) for 2 of my 3 years in high school. I quit my senior year because I had joined the Army and could provide the dedication to it that they deserved.  I can say that I remember just about everything from high school and walking into the band room was so....weird!
Anyway, the kid in front in the middle is David.  Their theme is...well...I don't know the actual name of the show but something with Samurai.  I was VERY impressed.  They looked and sounded great.  I am SO proud of my little brother.  He makes the trumpet look good :) 


Now, speaking of trumpets and memories...in band there was a guy named Evan. Evan was a really good trumpet player.  Evan knew he was a good trumpet player.  If I had to pick a guy that would be working with my little brother 8 years later it would not have been Evan.  I'm a nostalgic person.  I LOVE to see where people I went to school with are now.  I love to see what they're doing and how their life is going.  I also enjoy seeing people happy so it was fun for me to see him doing what appeared to be something he still loves to do.  If only Mr. Stonebarger could see him now :)  


Saturday provided a lot of fun (P also LOVED the contest) but I totally didn't win mom of the year award that day.  We were outside. It was hot. We were in the sun. I didn't monitor how much popcorn he ate. Popcorn, a sucker, a little candy bar at his great great grandparents house and then not much else...let's say that didn't settle well and around 9ish that night we saw those foods again.  Bless his baby heart.  I didn't wear my supermom cape that day, that's for sure!  He felt better after that and I really believe he was "sick" but not "SICK".  

On Sunday he felt perfectly fine and we got up early to head to Tulsa to visit my Dad.  It sometimes gets confusing when if/when I talk about my Dad because I hate the term "step" (parents) and I don't like "real" or "biological" either.  I have two Dad's.  Two "real" Dads. Neither of them are fake. For lack of confusion, we went to see my "biological" Dad.  He and Grant were visiting from Minnesota so we got to introduce Emory to them!  Both boys warmed up quickly!  We got to sit and chat with them for a while before we went and ate lunch with the whole family.  It was a nice visit!  

After lunch we got in the car to finish the remaining 4 hours we had left.  We stopped once and after that stop E screamed.  And screamed. And didn't stop until we got home.  3.5 hours later.  It made for a bad headache that afternoon/night.  Kid hates the car. I hope kid gets over it soon!

Now we're back to Monday.  Back to the real world.  Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

Kyla W. said...

The comment about Evan was so appropriate. Glad you guys had a good visit. The pictures are adorable!!!