15 March 2009

Whirlwind of a weekend.






We had quite a weekend.  On Friday I kept a friends son, Clark.  He and Paxton played all day long.  It was fun!  Friday night I went to set up for our mom's group garage sale.  We had 7 mommies bring a TON of stuff to get rid of!  We thought the weather would be a challenge but honestly, despite the rain and cold, we all did really well!  I was extremely pleased with what we made...so much that I want to do it again some time to get rid of more stuff I thought I wanted to hold on to!  

The sale was at Tracy's house so Joe and Paxton came over and went to breakfast with Jason and Connor.  Paxton and Connor played all morning and afterwards he was quite sleepy!  We went home and Paxton napped and cried then napped again.  I had been so busy gearing up for the garage sale that I really didn't plan on dinner so Joe suggested we go eat somewhere so I didn't have to work anymore that day.  I decided on Chili's and while we were in there, Paxton made some friends.  The nice older couple beside us was talking to him and just eating him up.  At some point the man got a phone call.  While he was talking Paxton was staring at him.  He then turned back towards our table and put his hand to his ear and started talking on his "phone".  I'm not sure who he was talking to but it was possibly the cutest thing I've seen in a while.  He then preceded to stop talking, put his hand down and just stare at us.  He looked back and forth between Joe and I with the most somber look.  It was hysterical.  I just could not stop laughing.  It was so cute and so funny!

Today has been pretty busy.  Between laundry, Target, Wal Greens (I actually DIDN'T buy anything!), cooking dinner, Kroger's and making homemade waffles for the week, we were busy.  Pictures of waffles to come!  They are a "healthy" blueberry waffle.  I'm excited to see how they taste.  I'm sure Paxton won't care either way!  LOL.  

Kroger trip was LOVELY.  
I don't have my exact amounts for each item but here is what I got:
2 Freschetta brick oven pizzas
2 Frosted mini wheats
5 boxes Chex trail mix bars
1  box Nature Valley trail mix bars
2 Boxes Kotex
1 Loaf Nature's Own wheat bread
1 bunch Organic bananas
1 Irish Springs body way
1 Suave lotion (full size)
One dozen organic eggs
1 Gallon 1% milk
2 containers of fresh fruit (one kiwi and strawberry, one mixed melon)
5 loafs of frozen Pepperedge Farm bread
18 bags Quaker Rice cakes

Total before coupons and specials: 129.26

Total after coupons and specials: 29.13

Percentage saved: 79%   YAY!!!!

I was so excited!  Even the two teenage boys checking me out and bagging my stuff were really impressed!  They thought it was cool I was saving so much money.  I haven't had a big Kroger trip in  a while and this one just made me happy :)

I have to go finish my waffles and pack Paxton's bag for tomorrow.  I'm playing Army all day and Paxton is hanging out with Ms. April and Nate and Izzy!  This will be the first time he'll be gone all day and not be with daddy. I trust April 5000% and I'll see him at lunch but I'm still sad that he'll be gone all day without me :(  

Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: