15 February 2009

Our First Valentines Day

Mommy and Paxton before the Party

Some of the decor
Decorating Bags
Decorating Cupcakes
Looking at his cards :)

was a HUGE success.  It started with a load of fun with our play group valentine's day party.  We decorated our bag for our card exchange, decorated cupcakes, ate yummy food and played with our friends.  The food was delicious and the friends were lovely.  What a great group of moms and kiddos we've gotten the chance to know.  The party was at our house and it was a lot of fun to get ready for.  We were tired when all was said and done and a small nap was had by mommy and Paxton alike.  It was a very short nap because apparently Paxton is above naps (but not above whining when he's tired) but this is another topic.

On Valentine's Day itself we started out by returning some rental chairs and heading over to look at what might be my car soon.  I'm really hoping this car thing works out because well, I love this car and it loves me.  We have to wait for a few more things to pan out and then it will hopefully all work out :)  We then went for a Valentine's breakfast at the awful waffle AKA waffle house.  It was really good, actually.  We then headed home for Paxton's nap and then went out again to pick up a gift for a party we're going to today.  We then went home and Paxton took another short nap and we went out AGAIN for a few things.  I needed to pick up some stuff to try out Paxton's vegan cake he'll be consuming for his birthday party. YUM. We grabbed some Subway and headed home.  All and all it was a really nice day.

Today we are going to a birthday party. A very special birthday party.  It is for one of Paxton's friends, Trent.  Trent is a very special little boy.  I know, all kids are special but Trent is super special.  He has overcome so much in his two years!  He was born 4 months early.  He is a micro premie.  I believe he was born around 24 weeks.  He's come so far and is walking, talking and playing with every other kiddo at the group.  It really shows me how blessed I am to have such a healthy baby that has given us just minor hiccups down the road!  

Joe took Paxton to Wal Mart so I better use the rest of this time wisely :)  Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Glad that the party was great and happy Valentines day to you and P!