03 February 2009

More money saving goodness and lots of other stuff.

First, the most important thing, the cutest baby on the block :)
Money saving in picture form!!!

My last and final trip to Kroger for the mega event went well!  Prices starting out in the 10items/$5 off deal are already adjusted.  In the picture there are these items:
4 packs of TP- 4@.99, 25cent cellfire coupon, 4/.50 coupons doubled=+0.25
2-20oz Dr. Pepper-1.39x2, 2 free DP coupons=FREE
2 Colgates- 2/$5, 2-1.50 cellfire coupons, 2/.75 coupons=.50 total
2 Frenchs mustards- 1.19x2, .50coupons doubled=.38 total
2 boxes of Fiber One bars- $2.19/each, 2 .50 cent coupons doubled, 2 .50 cellfire Q= 1.78 total
2 boxes of crackers-2/$4, $2 off two boxes=$1 a box/$2totals
4 packs of chex mix- 1.49/1, 4 .60 coupons doubled, 1 .50 cellfire coupon= .70 total
Grand total including tax=$5.99  

YAY!!!!!!!    It really makes me happy to save money.  I don't bring income in so I really feel like I'm doing something important in our family budget.  I feel like I'm contribution by making our dollars stretch.  Saving money just makes cents!  (Get it, cents/sense, just a little money saving humor there!)

Now, on to the REALLY important business :)  Paxton Marshall!  I am just in love with this little man.  He's grown up so much and it is such a gift to be able to watch him grow.  I can't fill this blog with eloquent words that express how I feel about him but if you're a parent, you know.  

He is now getting on his hands and knees more and even started "cruising" a little.  He cruised around a play table at Rock Creek and cruised from one end of the couch to the middle.  He is just learning new things every day and it tickles me pink.  I still have my "why isn't my kid doing XXX" moments but they are few and far between.  The only reason I wish he would pick a few things up is because I feel like he'd be so much happier if he could get from point A to point B in a timely manner.  I'm picking him less and less and he's figuring out that he isn't going to get his way just by whining.  It is hard on both of us sometimes but we're making it through and he's getting a wee bit more independent each day.  

In the family life it seems we have SO much going on.  I can't even respond to all my emails because there is always something else (that actually has a due date or timeline) to be done.  At the moment I have to finish P's V-Day cards, finish up Torryn's Bday invitations, actually START P's invites, get the rest of the stuff together for his party, 3 classes, possibly putting a house on the market, cleaning said house, playgroup organization and still spending time with Joe and Paxton.  I also have to try and finish his scrapbook in one month.  YIKES!  So much to do, any takers? :)

Well, as I'm writing this blog I'm thinking of other things I can be finishing up or working on so I better head out but I hope all is well in bloggy land!!!

~Megan

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Awww T got a shout out!!! WOOT! I can't wait to see them!

Paxton is so farking cute!

Cammeron said...

I know you explain this in each of your posts, but
I STILL CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW THE HELL IT WORKS!!!!!
You are taking me to the store and giving me a lesson the next time you come.