Our 3 day weekend was packed with fun! Sunday we went to The Wonder Place for Trent's 2nd birthday. It was a wonderful party! Paxton loved to play in the water (and eat the yogurt melts) and watch the really cool scarf spitter outer thingy (yes, that is the technical name). I was really glad that Daddy got to go somewhere "fun" with us and play. This type of thing is usually something that we do during the week but it was really fun to get to play with Daddy while we're out and about! Here are a few pictures from The Wonder Place.
Daddy and Paxton at the water table
Paxton Playing with shapes!
Paxton just being cute.
Money saving time. This was a great way to start my week. I was really excited to take Joe to Kroger's with me since he was off work. I know it's silly but I really love saving this money and I love the looks on peoples faces when they see what I'm paying for my items. I see so many people walk out with 3 bags and pay 50 bucks. I just cant do that anymore because I know what I am capable of. Now of course, when I do my big meat shopping (once every 2 months usually) I spend more BUT I still get it at a much lower price at the commissary. There are a few other items I'll be buying in the next month for Paxton's party but those few "splurges" don't bother me because of all the other money saved. Now, on to what we got yesterday.
16 Cottonelle: .99-.50doubled=free
2 Barilla shells: Manager special .99-.50doubled=free
2 Yoplus: 2/$4-2 $1 coupons-$1 cell fire= .50 each
Purina dog food: $1.49-free coupon=free
Pep Farm frozen bread: 1.44- .40doubled= .64
Hygene: manager special 1.64- .75=.89 cents.
Total after tax=$2.80
Yep, 2.80 for all this stuff!
Now this next deal wasn't the best deal out there (well this week yes but next week it'd be better)
2 Fusion razors (Bonus packs(2 carts instead of just one) with shower gel and shaving cream, both of which Joe uses)
1 Bonus pac of BIC Soleil's.
Total 13.99
Okay, one last thing. This is just a teeny tiny thing I have to get off my chest in a rather passive way.
Grow up. If you claim to be an adult, act like one. Stop expecting others to bail you out all the time. Support your family BEFORE paying for bad habits, isn't paying the bills more important than smoking? Maybe?
Thank you mom, for never enabling me. When I got into financial problems (on my own) you made me get out of them on my own. You forced me to be responsible and because of that, I am financially responsible today.
/rant over.
I hope you have a great Tuesday! Off to make breakfast for kid :)
2 comments:
Soleil doesn't come for free E-V-E-R...bonus or not LOL
I want to squeeze him. He is just so darn cute. I wish you guys lived closer, heck even in the same time zone would be nice.
Hi, I found your blog from your comment in Money Saving Mom's Dove deodorant post- how in the world did you get so many Cottonelle coupons?!?!?! I'm jealous! Your son is precious- mine will be 18 months next week- time sure does fly.
Post a Comment