It's been a long time since I have blogged. Life was just normal. And fun. And exciting. And tiring. And we were too busy enjoying the day to day to stop and write it down. Living in the moment has its perks but I don't want to forget a full year. So, no need to try and catch up every little detail. Just going to touch on a few things.
These kids are still awesome. And tiring. And trying. And awesome. They really do love each other and are the best of the best friends!
They are so different but so similar. And so cute.
We have spent the past year playing and visiting family. We went to Florida. We went to Oklahoma. A lot it seemed.
I still love this guy. He still tolerates me ;)
We are adding another teeny little addition to our family in the way of a tiny human. We found out in February. Didn't really tell anyone, including family. It was just such a nice little secret to keep. They say "secrets are no fun" but honestly, it was fun! I think we shared the news when we visited Tulsa in May. I wanted to tell my mom in person and that was the first time we had seen her since we knew so there ya go! I want to say I was 16 weeks at that point. We still didn't go around shouting the news to everyone we saw BUT we never tried to hide it, either. I wasn't really showing and so people didn't ask. I can honestly say, it just didn't come up. Now it's August and we are almost 31 weeks along. We are SO thrilled to be bringing another little boy in to our family. I can't imagine it any other way :)
30 weeks!
We also started home schooling this past week. It was extremely successful and fun. Paxton did great and is really picking up what we have gone over. The math is kind of young in my opinion but I don't have a huge desire to rush him so we are just sticking with it. It's stuff he seems to already know. We have never done preschool or preschool activities with him so it just goes to show (at least in our case) that kids really do learn through play. Emory wants to "home ghoul" too so he is getting to do some simple and easy letter activities. He seems to enjoy being involved and it's just enough that when he is done he wants to run e play. I'm perfectly happy with that. So far he has learned the short A sound. And that you don't need an entire stick of glue for one project :) I say success!
I'm taking pictures of them working and doing their little activities and will share those soon!
Here is to another week of fun, learning and living :)
Meg

No comments:
Post a Comment