21 August 2013

Still Catching Up!

This past week we had our first skating adventure as a family :)  Joe and I went skating with some friends once about 7 years ago...and I honestly have no idea why we went.  We must have been bored or something.  On Saturday we got to celebrate a friend's daughter's birthday.  I was actually impressed with the tiny local rink.  You can rent the entire thing for a really low price and it includes up to 25 people skating.  

At first P wasn't thrilled with his "big skates" but once we switched to trainers he was fine.  I think, had I asked, tightening the wheels would have made a huge difference.  We can try that next time!



Of course I skated as well.  I am as comfortable in skates as I am in shoes, even though it has been a while.  Once of the first pictures of me was taken being held by a santa clause on skates.  My family was always in the rink and I'm fairly certain I was skating before I was walking.  


Sunday we tried to get hair cuts because it was time.  They were SO backed up, however, because Monday was when public schools were starting.  We decided to wait until Monday.  After a small wait and two little boys getting cuts, I decided to go to McAlister's for lunch.  Kind of one of those "not back to school" lunches that might be a fun tradition to start.  

Handsome haircut #1

Handsome haircut #2

Since we finally got their haircuts, we were able to take their posed back to school pictures.  Even though we never did preschool of any kind with P, little man HAS to be involved so we took his picture too :)


My sweet baby is 5.  I just can't and won't believe it.  Watching him grow has been such a joy! 


And today is Wednesday.  Today I am 32 weeks pregnant.  This baby is coming and it seems like we just found out.  56 days or so and there will be a new little brother in this house.  What a lucky woman I am.  I have a husband who loves and supports my kind of crazy and two (almost three) little boys who love their mama!  I've also been crazy blessed that the weather this Summer has been nothing short of amazing. Highs have been in the 90s and that isn't even daily.  We've had days in the mid 70s.  Sigh, yes, I'm a lucky lady!


Couldn't resist snapping a picture of my three favorite men as well!


We totally did school today but this is long enough so I'll round up our homeschooling week on Friday :)

Happy Wednesday!


No comments: