30 November 2012

Last Day of November


I wanted to write about Day 2 of Seattle but my brain is a bit fuzzy and I can't recap everything as sharply as I'd like.  I'll make a timeline and get back on that soon :)

I CAN believe it's the last day of November.  Most say they can't, but I can.  Time passes.  We get older. Our kids get older. Life moves on and I'm okay with that.  

No matter how big my kids are the one thing I just adore is seeing them in their "suits" as we so fondly call them in our house.  I love footie pajamas on little kids.  This might be the last year for Paxton to get one because he's in the 5T and that make me a little sad :(  They're sweet though, aren't they???


Today is Daddy's last day doing the job he's been doing for 5.5 years.  He applied for a position (read that: 3 people that are "higher ranking" then him came to him at different times and urged him to apply. In fact, it almost seemed like they were begging a little...), interviewed among other candidates and got the new job.  Same company, higher position, bigger paycheck. I'm not saying that to brag.  Just to say that we are so proud of all the hard work he has done.  I believe we are wise stewards of the blessings God has given us and I pray we will continue to be such with the new blessings we are receiving.  

Paxton~ As we embark on another holiday season with you I can't help but to look back over the years and smile.  You've grown up so much.  You are SUCH a little person now.  Not just a baby or a waddling toddler but a sweet precious young boy.  You use your manners, you care about other people, you are sensitive and sincere and have so much emotion inside that tiny little frame.  Daddy and I are daily amazed by your brain...you're a bit too smart (and quick witted) for your own britches but that is okay ;) We love you monkey. 

Emory~oh Emory~You are simply put: a cool kid.  You have such a personality in your little line backer physique.  You are silly and ferocious and you steal and eat my kisses daily (you "eat" your brothers kisses too and he doesn't appreciate that as much as I do...)  You look up to your brother but you definitely have your own way.  And many times it is your way or no way.  Sometimes we let you have your way because you need it to figure something out...sometimes we say no.  But it's in your best interest.  I promise little buddy. We love you Emmy Bear. 

Happy Friday :)

No comments: