15 March 2011

Happy 3 Years, Paxton! (And like, a million pictures...)

So my schedule has remained as busy as possible.  Some by obligation (school) and some by choice (friends). We were able to spend nearly a week celebrating Paxton's third birthday though, and it was a great week =)  

On March 6, 2008, my breech baby hadn't turned and being the ill-informed first time mother I was, I was scared into a c-section and went to the hospital right away only to sit attached to monitors and be told I might not get to see my baby that day and I should go home and wait until tomorrow. Well, that wasn't happening and that evening our son was brought into this world via c-section.  It was an experience I hope to never relive but one I'm so very thankful for as it not only taught me about myself, but brought me the sweetest, most handsome little boy I've ever known.  

Today, he is SO spunky.  He's so bright and smart and interesting.  He wakes up some mornings and just says "something is making me very happy" or comes up to me and says "I love you, Mommy, now can I have a nack (snack) please". He plays well and eats better. He knows numbers and letters and shapes and colors.  He sings songs to us and loves to dance.  He's just so...cool.  I'm so blessed to be your mommy, Paxton!  God made me a Mommy and you've made that experience worth while little dude!  I love you <3

The Friday before his birthday Daddy took off and we spent the day together.  It's becoming a family tradition- for the boys birthdays Daddy will take a day off work and we'll have a fun day!  We took Paxton to The Wonder Place.  Emory is at such a fun age for it.  We did everything they had to offer (except the sand, Emory eats the sand.) 

Daddy showing the boys how the air makes the balls float.

Paxton pouring us all a pretend drink in the pretend cafe.

After The Wonder Place we went to Chick-Fil-A to play and eat lunch then to Orange Leaf.  Paxton loved getting yogurt and putting lots of toppings on it.  It's definitely a neat place to take kids and I think we're going to make it a once a month family treat!

We came home and napped and when Paxton woke up we left him open a present from my dad, Danny and Grant!

He LOVES his Mobigo!

This picture was just because Emory looks cute =)

And Paxton, a real smile looking too cute!

On Sunday, March 6, we celebrated Paxton's actual birthday as a family...again.  Looking back we should have done it all on Friday but hey, nothing wrong with a little extra fun when they're little!

Paxton getting ready to open presents from Mommy, Daddy and Emory.  (Thank you to my sweet friend Danielle for wrapping them all for me.  She was at my house late on Saturday night helping me finish getting ready for a local children's consignment sale and I was still doing computer work and she wrapped these!  She is awesome. And rocks. The End.)

Paxton riding his new balance bike.  I think he's a little confused as all his friends bikes have pedals and training wheels but hopefully he'll master this one in no time!

And some rainbow cupcakes with blue frosting and pinkles (sprinkles) that Paxton requested.

Emory enjoying a cupcake!

And Emory just being really cute.

And Paxton coloring and being really cute!

And the sweetest picture of Emory!  When this picture is full size you can see how big and blue those eyes are!  I can't even describe how pretty they are.  I was always a little sad after marrying Joe that I'd never have my blue eyed baby but Emory came through!  Thank you recessive genes!

And again, just Paxton, being cute!

Dark but a sweet picture of the boys playing together!


I have more pictures to upload and will do that soon :)

Joe is good. Work is good. We're blessed that God is continuing to provide for our family and not just meet but exceed our needs.  

I'm good. But always tired and busy.  School has taken over my life.  Something had to go as far as time goes because I simply don't have time to do everything, even basic needs so cleaning has been put on the back burner.  It's not TERRIBLE but I am actually embarrassed of the way our house looks right now.  One day...one day...

Yesterday I HAD to work on school work all day.  If not, I would have taken zeros.  I asked my friend Kami to reassure me I wasn't being a bad mom by letting my kids watch TV all.day.long and really have little to no one on one time with them.  She said I was good and my kids were seeing that sometimes life isn't always about playing and that they also got to see my working hard towards and goal and that can instill good qualities in them as well.  My assignments all got turned in. On time. And my kids don't seem too messed up by my lack of parenting yesterday!  To be honest, yesterday went by really quickly. maybe I should ignore them more often?....Kidding.

Paxton is great.
Emory is great-ish. 

Life is good =)

No comments: