20 March 2011

And That's the Difference Between a Mommy and a Daddy =)


I just thought this picture was pretty.  I took it from my driveway the other night.  God did that.  The entire sky.  The colors painted and blended together so perfectly. Love it. 

Warning: Poop talk ahead.  

So when your three year old is sitting on the potty doing and minding his business, all is well with the world.  Until you hear a scream followed by what sounds like true pain crying.  So a mommy and a daddy run to the bathroom.  And daddy asks what is wrong as he's sobbing "in pain". He doesn't answer and so daddy gets him off the potty and looks in the toilet.  The poo and pee infested toilet. And there sits one of his toy drill bits. That he dropped. In the crapper. 

Daddy looks at it with a look that says "Aw, crap, how are we going to get that out".  Mommy looks at it, reaches in and gets it out.  That really sounds disgusting now that I've typed it out.  But the poo was at the bottom.  So I took it to the sink, washed my hands, bleached the toy, washed my hands again. And I wasn't ever phased. 

I suppose that is the difference between a Mommy and a Daddy!

This week is lined up to be a good one =)

Park playdate, Arkansas chapter of ICAN has its first anniversary potluck tomorrow night (I'm taking my friend Kami's holiday cheese ball and a version of Nana Lynn's banana cake. Yum!, two playdates on Wednesday, MIL visiting Thursday or Friday and hopefully getting together with another friend once or twice!  All in all busy and lovin' it!

Have a great week :)

2 comments:

Jenn said...

lol there is a big difference. My hubby won't even walk in the same room as poop and i'm not bothered by it. It washed off and you'll survive! :)

Shannon said...

LMAO!!!