06 December 2010

A little Christmas Decor

Well I had the best of intentions to finish up Christmas decor this weekend but thanks to a delightful migraine yesterday, it didn't happen. I thought I could at least show off the boys and our mantle/tree.

Here are the boys in their *super* cute  initial shirts from Kalamity Kids I don't particularly care to shop for boys clothing as it's not that fun. Or cute. Or pink. But to find personalized shirts at a GREAT price that I *know* the kids will love, totally awesome!  I actually got one for my niece for her birthday too and she was wearing it the very next day!  Big hits all around!

Now I'm no kind of pro at taking pictures (or decorating for that matter) but husband and I love the way the tree and mantle turned out.  The mantle is blue and silver and the tree is, well, a tree with lots of ornaments and some colored lights (along with a few strands of white).  I just got to thinking that although I had lovely Christmases growing up, my mom's white light tree isn't what stands out about each year.  My meme's tree, however, will forever remain a lovely memory.  It has tons of ornaments, homemade and store bought, popcorn garlands, tons of lights and a train going around the bottom!  I just loved it.  I want the kids to love and remember our stuff growing up too so colored lights and no real theme, here we go =)  I'm hoping next year we can do the popcorn garland and make some of our own ornaments!  I realized I don't have any pictures of the tree or mantle in the light, just glowing, so I'll have to snap some today!


Happy Monday!

Okay, I took some more pics so here are the pics with the lights on!:



=)

No comments: