As the great Britney Spears once said "Oops, I did it again". I had NO clue it had been almost 3 weeks since I had updated my blog. Husband has been off for 9 days and the time before that was spent doing Christmassy things. I'll save the Christmas celebrations for another post and will just update on the familia.
E is now 11 months old. He's cute. REALLY cute.
SEE? He was actually not so thrilled in that last one. S'ok.
He's a tad bit less of a handful these days and is sleeping and napping better as well (for the most part, no need to jinx anything). At 11 months he is taking up to/around 5 steps. He has 12...or 13 teeth. He eats any/everything...when he wants to. He is clingy. Like static cling clingy. Which is okay. Because he won't be like that forever. Or he might. Who knows. He doesn't talk. Just babbles when he's in a good mood. The usual dadadad and mamamama. He's also really cute. He's getting a bit more hair but nothing to write home about. He loves his daddy. A lot. Like, at first it was me that he wanted all the time. But not anymore. We'll call it a welcomed break. Husband calls it punishment. Six in one...half dozen in the other.
I can't believe he turns one in less than a month. YIKES.
The big dude is doing great. He's getting so stinking smart, it's unreal. He actually problem solves. When he can't do something one way, he comes up with another way. When I tell him not to clear my stool off and climb on it, he stacks shoes and other objects up to climb on instead. He knows his ABC's and can recognize most of the letters. He can count to 20. He knows left from right. He knows the true meaning of tantrums. When I say "here, you can have one bite" he holds his hand up with five fingers and says "no, I want five please". He shushes me. I don't like it. We correct him and will continue to do so, but so far consistency has not paid off.
He says please and Thank You and you're welcome. He talks about anything he can think of. His little brain is SO amazing.
He had his first dentist appointment recently. The dentist was impressed with those pearly whites. Daddy brushes his teeth every night and I try to brush them during the day when I remember. We usually do about every 2 days (during the day, again, Daddy does it nightly).
Good lookin' down there is doing well too. Just busy. Being an awesome husband and daddy and pretty much the coolest guy ever.
Side note. I'm trying to convince him to get some black rimmed glasses. He doesn't want to. Let's pray for a miracle people.
And then there is me. I'm doing great. I got a bit older last weekend. A whole year. I'm 26. GASP. My friends and family were amazing and made it special even though I'm not really into my birthday. I've kind of always thought it wasn't a big deal but I love to celebrate other peoples birthdays...just not mine. It was so nice to be thought about with wonderful cards, phone calls and gifts! I've even almost finished my Thank You cards! Woohoo.
It's 9:04 pm. That means it's an hour and a half or more until my usual bed time. But tonight, in the spirit of...um...Boxing Day?...I'll go to bed early.
I hope everyone had a great Christmas! Can't wait to share pics of the boys and Emory's first Christmas.

1 comment:
OH Sheesh.... It really was his first Christmas wasn't it. I am SO SO mad at myself for forgetting my camera. I don't think a single pic was takin at MeMe's.
Post a Comment