I jumped. I followed the crowd. I threw caution into the wind. We bought a new camera.
I love our other camera and we'll be keeping it. But I love our new camera a lot. I've been reading about how to use it and how to play with it's different features. I've read the manual 3 times and been looking at the Pioneer Woman's website as she as has some great tutorials for dummies, aka, me. So, none of these pictures have been edited and most have just been taken on a whim but I think the camera is fantastic and I love the way the turned out. I can't wait to actually learn more!
I call this one "cheese"
Pretty flower
"Paxton, it's what for dinner"
Giraffe!
Zoo Baby
and just cause it's cute.
We made our first trip of the season to the zoo. Paxton had a BLAST. More than a blast. He had a massive explosion (bigger than a blast, right?) He ran and ran and ohhh'd and awwww'd. He was happy the entire time. He loved the bears and the ducks and the "eows" aka cats. We are going to try and make it an every other weekend thing. Yay! At the end of last year they had their memberships on sale half off. We paid forty something dollars for a year long membership for the family and a guest at each visit. So, one visit pays for it. Our zoo is nothing to write about but it is quite expensive if you pay as you go. $10 per adult and $8 per kid. Gasp. WAY too much...however, I'd pay it to see my baby as happy as he way. Emory was less than thrilled but slept blissfully while his big brother took in the fresh air, sights and animals.
On the Emory front he's still doing what he does. Sleeps, eats, stares and cries. He's got the biggest bug eyes and I love it. In fact, I call him Emory Bug or just bug. He's not generally a happy baby but we're doing what we can, which is all we can do.
We've hit a big milestone in the life of our squishy toddler. We've done something that was much easier than we thought it'd be. We took away his paci. His source of comfort. His first true love. Surprisingly it went better than expected. He cried a little the first night and then was fine. He cried at nap a little but then slept longer than he usually does. He did fine again at nap today and then cried a bit at bed time but he made it. It breaks my heart but it was just time. My friend Kami made a good point and said it's more than likely not ever going to be easy but if I give it 5 days, it'll be fine. It IS fine and it'll be so nice to not worry about that paci any more. We'll probably break Emory much sooner, hopefully when he doesn't have this sucking reflex any more and when he doesn't need to be swaddled.
I'm going to bed now. Without a paci. Because that's just how I roll. Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment