06 October 2009

FDA

Paxton enjoys helping mommy cook...kind of.

Nothing to update.  Nothing new going on.  It's rainy and chilly and I love it.  

I do have a bone to pick with the ignorant people I seem to encounter far too regularly.  I am pregnant.  I am aware of medical issues surrounding pregnant people.  I am aware that the flu is no fun, especially for pregnant people.  What I am not aware of is why anyone in their right minds think they have any opinion on MY body and what vaccines I choose to or not to put in it.  I am aware we are all going to die of the swine flu (sarcasm?) and that if I don't get a brand new vaccine that has not been in circulation long enough to be tested (in MY opinion) that I'm just flippant and I don't care about my health or my unborn childs health.  I get it. I do, sure, fine, whatever.  But again, what I do NOT get is why you think it is YOUR business.  Why are you so concerned about MY health when you know nothing about me.  You have not gone to medical school.  You can't even figure out the difference between their/there/they're.  Why do you feel like it is any of your business? 

I am not trying to be rude but MY body, MY choice.  YOUR body, YOUR choice.  I educate myself on matters concerning my family and I encourage everyone to do the same...but please don't assume your choices are best for everyone.  

Oh, and this is what the FDA has to say about the H1N1 vaccine for pregnant people (not CNN, not Fox News, not Yahoo...the FDA)

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/BiologicsBloodVaccines/Vaccines/ApprovedProducts/UCM182404.pdf

"8.1. Pregnancy
Pregnancy Category C: Animal reproduction studies have not been conducted with Influenza A (H1N1) 2009 Monovalent Vaccine or Fluzone vaccine. It is also not known whether these vaccines can cause fetal harm when administered to a pregnant woman or can affect reproduction capacity. Influenza A (H1N1) 2009 Monovalent Vaccine should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed."


My soapbox is a little worn out now, so I will step off of it.

Have a great day :)


3 comments:

Chell said...

My next door neighbors, both hubs and wifey, are nurses at a local hospital. They are being forced to take the shot....they are hacked. But if they don't take it, then they can't work, then well they have 5 kids.... You get my point. I won't even take the regular flu shot. In 37 years I have had the flu ONE time... I think I will take my chances.

Megan said...

Yeah, I can not STAND the fact that some people are being told they have to take it. I have a friend who is a nurse that said she is willing to lose her job over it at this point if her hospital tries to make them do the same. It's really sad that it comes to this!

Joe said...

Tim saw the pic and said..."What's going on here???????? Kid's standing in a bowl of water pouring water on an electrical socket....."...he was just kidding!!!!