02 October 2009

Fall

One of my favorite things about a child is seeing them in their jammies.  It just kills me.  Especially one piece union suits.  LOVE them.  Daddy has a pair too so maybe a matching picture is necessary? :)


It is no secret to those around me that I do not love summer.  I dislike it so much that I won't even capitalize it simply out of spite.  On my season ranking list, summer takes 5th.  Yes, there are only 4 seasons...that should tell you something.  

Although Fall is not my favorite season, it is a close second.  I love Fall.  The air is crisp, the temperature is near perfect (although still a little warm for my liking) and the smell is a.maz.ing.  I love Fall because daily we can venture outside and play.  Play play play.  We don't even need toys outside because nature gives us sticks and leaves and rocks and
 hills.  Tell my toddler that those aren't toys and he'll call you crazy.  I'm looking forward to days outside, pumpkin patches with my boys, homemade pies and lots of time spent with family and friends.

Peanut is doing wonderful, as usual.  He's such an overall happy little dude.  He is so helpful around the house and I couldn't appreciate it more.  When he eats his snacks in the living room, he takes his empty bowl the kitchen and puts it in the sink. Same goes for my spoon when my cereal is empty, my cell phone when he's not calling 911 on it and all the dish rags he takes out of the drawers.  He loves the dish rags.  He takes them and cleans the floor, the tv stand, the tv...everything with gusto.  A hopeful yet unrealistic sign of things to come!  A mom can hope, right?  

Emory is still-a-floatin'.  He (I) is measuring big.  Not even close to used to the idea of a big baby.  I had a midget for so long that rolls and chub kind of freaks me out, I'm not going to lie.  I never had to clean between folds in the thighs because he never had it.  What if E does?  Because I am measuring big we are having another ultrasound at our next appointment.  I am not sure what it might tell us but I'm not concerned in any sense of the word.  I'm more concerned that the little dude is still breech.  Ack, no more thinking of that at the moment.  Moving on.

We've painted E's room and now need to clean it up and get the decor going.  I am very pleased with the colors we chose and I'm excited to paint peanuts room now too.   I think it'll all be coming together shortly.  I think around the beginning of November we'll get down P's clothes and start to sort and wash and hang and get ready for little man.  P pretty much lived in sleepers and I'm kind of assuming that E will as well.  It'll be that time of year so it'll be nice to not have to buy a ton of new stuff.  I did feel semi badly about that...P got all these cute new things when we were pregnant with him and E gets P's hand-me-downs.  Now I am NOT opposed to second hand, third hand or anything of that nature but I've had to buy a few new things that I just find cute. I went to a garage sale down the road from a friends house and just happened to stumble across about 
20 NB-6 month things, all name brands, all perfect condition.  I picked up the lot for 7.75.  Not new to the world of babies but new to us.  Love it!
Speaking of clothes for E.  I was SO thrilled to find this beautiful hand knit set for his coming home outfit.  Not only is it super cute but it is soft squishy wool that will work great with his cloth diapers.  I'm going a little more old school this time and getting some prefolds (very similar to what your mom used on you I bet) and pins to hold them together.  I'm kind of excited, not going to lie.  

Well, my neighbors mid life crisis (really farking loud motorcycle) seems to have woken up P so off I go to take care of him.  I get that you have to turn it on and rev it up daily and NOT ride it, you know, just making sure it is still really loud and annoying, but can you do this in the morning when my kid is not sleeping by chance?  Thanks, the management (aka, your cranky pregnant neighbor). 

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: