16 December 2008

Cookies and more cookies.







Today was a whirlwind of a day.  It was supposed to be all freezy-peezy so Joe's boss told them they'd be working from home.  He actually worked all.day.long.  Nothing he was trying to do was working so I could tell he was frustrated and for some reason that kind of frustrated me so there was a little bit of "eh" there.  I did get to go to wal mart sans baby so that was nice for a moment, but still, it was kind of weird to have him home during the day.  Paxton napped well this morning so I got to bake cookies.  11 dozen down and a few small banana bread loaves to go.  I'm really thankful I got that done and I really think those extra two arms help so thank you baby :)  
Next.  I need to give the biggest THANK YOU to so many people right now.  First, my husband.  My dear sweet husband.  As I'm sure I've mentioned before, he does not plan ahead for anything really.  Part of that is just him being a man.  I knew this before I married him and it would be unfair of me to expect anything different.  But alas, I'm a woman and sometimes it would be nice.  WELL, he surprised me.  My birthday is this week and this past weekend he gathered my friends for a great time at Playtime Pizza.  He had organized it for over a month and it really showed me how special I am to him.  He PLANNED!!!  I've been in a funk for a month or so and this really brought me out of it.  It made me realize how lucky I am to have him as my husband and as the father of my baby.  I also realized how lucky I was for another reason.  Friends.  I've had friend issues since I moved to Arkansas.  I've had a friend or two here or there but I missed my big core of friends that I had back home.  Well as I've gotten married and had a baby some of those back home friendships have changed and it's made me really sad.  Joe was able to get such a wonderful group of people together and that means the world to me.  Three lovely women from my playgroup came with their families.  These are women I've known for 7 short months but I feel like I've known them for so long.  We all have differences and all have things and common and we all get along.  They really are friends in every sense of the word.  For them to give up a Saturday afternoon to come out honestly took my breath away.  These women really truly are my friends.  Joe also invited April and her family to come and they made it as well.  April and her husband are in the Army as well and April and I became close when I found out I was pregnant because we were both on orders and she was pregnant as well.  They came across town with both kiddos just to hang out and that put a smile on my face :)  Jes and Brandon were there as well and I am just thrilled they were there!  Jes and Brandon are a spitting image couple to Joe and I.  She is outspoken, opinionated and pretty much awesome.  He is quiet, silly around those he knows and  a good ol' country boy.  We hang out with them as much as we can and she is won.der.ful with Paxton!  She drives 30 miles just to help me with Paxton so I can clean, cook or go to wal mart without having to fight a baby.  They are awesome and them being there was great :)  Joe also invited family and actually got my father in law to come.  That in and of itself says LOADS.  If you know my father in law you know he doesn't like to go anywhere that isn't home.  There is nothing wrong with that at all.  I'm quite a homebody myself.  But if you know anything about playtime pizza you know it's loud, full of people (and kids that don't look both ways) and there are all sorts of big fun games to play.  Well I actually think he had a great time.  He raced go carts with Joe and played shooting/hunting games.  How fun is that?!?  Him and my Mother in law came, along with Joe's brother, wife and our niece.  It really all made my day. 

I know I just wrote the longest paragraph every and I'm not going to go back and proof read it but what I am trying to say is thank you.  Thank you to those who really made me feel special.  You are wonderful and I really care about you all (((HUGS)))

Okay, time to get all the cookies put up!  Don't forget to check out my cool Dance Dance Revolution up there, yeah, I lost :D

1 comment:

Kami said...

Awwwww!!!! Big hugs!!!!

I think you're such a wonderful person and I was excited to celebrate your birthday with you! You are someone who puts a lot into life and that shows. You are a great friend and such an asset to our playgroup. I can't imagine it without you and Paxton!!!! : )