08 December 2008

Busy Busy Bee






YAY!  My semester is over :)  I completed my classes and we've only got, oh, 16 more to go.  I will get there. I will I will I will.

We had a lovely Thanksgiving and Paxton sampled a little bit of everything.  I really think he'll be more into the food when Christmas time gets here.  There will be plenty of feasts for him to partake of and I just know that it will be a lovely holiday!  

If you didn't notice, in picture 2 there are 4 teeth.  He actually has 5 but I can't get over how cute that little toothy grin is!  He just gets better by the minute.  

This past weekend was a busy one.  It started on Friday.  I baked 5 dozen cookies.  3 for our Mom's night cookie exchange and 2 because, well, that is how much batter was left.  I prepped appetizers for the party and for Joe and Shane (they were going to be watching the game while we were enjoying yummy food and drinks!)  It wouldn't have been that bad but Paxton was just a mess.  I actually broke down in tears on Friday because he cried all day.  He wasn't happy and I didn't know why.  I had my oven on for 3 hours before I could actually put anything in it because I was rocking him the whole time.  It was just really hard.  There was a house to clean, food to make, a baby to take care of and I knew I wasn't going to get a break during the weekend because it was a drill weekend so my head was just not in it's happy place.  Needless to say, almond cheddar bread+spinach dip+pizza+pigs in a blanket+homemade salsa+cheese dip=a pretty great Saturday night :)  The cookie swap was wonderful and my chocolate covered cherry cookies were pretty darn good if you ask me!  Paxton and Joe had a little rougher evening but he was still glad to watch the game with some guys.  Sunday was truly a day of rest (for me at least) but we still had some nap issues.

I hope everyone is having a great start to the month and we're wishing a happy and healthy December to all! :)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look great! I love your whole outfit in the pic of you in front of your beautiful tree with Paxton. wow, sounds like you had a busy weekend of baking! Those cookies sound yummmmmmy!!!!

Jenn said...

Those are cute pictures. You look great. You'll have to go to my page and on the post of Jonathan's blog there is a girl in a group picture that looks like you. She's standing next to him. I sat next to her at dinner and kept thinking how much she looked like you . . . it may just be in person. Neways,
a cookie exchange sounds like fun! Do you just send them in the mail?
When you picked Paxton's name were you sure or did you keep changing your mind? With Kinzley, we didn't pick it until she was here. I can't find a name that i love. It's driving me crazy. There are two that i like but i keep changing my mind.

Mrs. Frig said...

Paxton is too cute for words!