04 October 2008

The times, they are a changin'



Picture one was taken on Paxton's second day of life.
Picture two was taken this week, almost 7 months old.
Picture three is a beautiful baby boy becoming a child prodigy with his little musical band/mirror :)

I can't believe how much time has passed.  Monday my jewel will be 7 months old.  He has far surpassed any and all expectations I could have had for him.  He is so sweet and loves to cuddle.  He buries his little head in my shoulder when a stranger makes him smile.  When we go to our play group, he always watches the kiddos and loves to try to figure out what is going on.  He is smart and handsome.  Quite the deadly combination.  If I were to put you in a cutest baby contest, no doubt you'd win ;)  (Although I NEVER NEVER NEVER will but my thoughts on that are a completely different subject).  I can say that I daily thank God for blessing me so much.  Paxton is such a joy to parent. Mmmmm I love him.

Last night I had a lovely evening out with a friend.  It was nice to be able to enjoy some time that was simply "me" time.  I love my wife role and I love my mother role but my plain "Megan" role isn't too shabby either(of course I'm sure if you ask the right person they'd tell you other wise).  It's so nice to be nestled in a group of friends that are really almost considered family.  For some reason that I simply can not and will not try to explain, I have always felt like an outsider since my move to Arkansas and my biological family is too far for comfort but these friends have really done what real friends do and stepped up to fill the roll.   They value my thoughts and opinions, we enjoy getting together, I know I can call them up at any time for even something as simple as a walk.  If we were to ever move a nice distance away from here, I'd actually be heart broken to leave these friends.  I've found a little niche that I enjoy snugly fitting in to.  So to those few who may very well never see this, I salute you and give you a big fat virtual hug.

If you notice the weight section our right, you will notice that Paxton is now 14 pounds 2 ounces.  He is now doing what our doctor calls "catching up".  Not that he was ever behind but he decided that he wanted to remain my tiny baby for a longer period of time. I thank you for that Paxton.  He is now gaining at a rate close to what a baby gains in his/her first few months. Age wise his gain should taper at this point but he is just starting, way to grow little man...keep on :)

Cloth diapering is going remarkably well.  I don't feel comfy putting him in cloth at night simply because with as much as you need to stuff it to  keep them dry, I don't like the difference between his butt height and his should height.  Once I get to the point where I can order a few more things, I'll get some hemp and try it out. 

Well, time to get ready for a quick trip to the commissary! (((hugs)))

2 comments:

Shannon said...

YAY for weight gain!!!! MUAH! Lurve you both!

Jenn said...

You are a brave mommy! I wanted to do that cloth diapers but i think it would be hard if your out of the house. Let me know how it goes and we may try it with this next one.

You always have such great blog entrys . . enjoy reading about little Paxton!