Well there have been some silly sad days and some real sad days.
Silly sadness. OU lost. Usually I'm all about hating Texas (and I'm pretty sure they actually hate us more then we hate them, at least actions in my experience have pointed to this assumption) but this year both teams were great teams and the better team won. It was nice to sit at number 1 for a week and now as Texas sits there, I ask kindly for someone to dethrone them. I mean, really, very few people I know look good in burnt orange so why even bother? As you can tell up above, Paxton was a little bummed about their lack o' win. C'est la vie.
Picture numero dos depicts a young man with an even younger man. We have some AMAZING friends that we have been blessed with. We don't see them as often as we would like but they really are rockin'. Brandon and Jessica are simply wonderful. Well they came over Saturday night and usually when we hang out it a "Joe and Jessica convincing Brandon they need kids" fest. I usually don't jump in because well, the poor guy needs someone on his team. Well after seeing him with Paxton on Saturday night I'm joining their team. He's held Paxton and played with Paxton before but the way he was with him Saturday night was beyond precious. Now I need them to have lots of babies for me to shower with love. I need to be Auntie Megan. :)
Now on to real sad days. Another set of amazing friends we've been blessed with have a sweet little boy named Connor. He was put in the hospital overnight for pneumonia. He should be able to go home today but to see him with a little IV in his little hand is just so sad :( No little baby should ever have to feel pain. Paxton has had to have a few "common" procedures done that caused him zero pain and I cried so to know they actually are hurting simply breaks my heart. Get better little man.
I also found out last night that a relative passed away. He was 38 and had congestive heart failure. How scary. Makes me really think twice about every day choices I make. Life is short and unpredictable. A country song sums it up nicely "don't ever take one single breath for granted and if you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance".
Well I never like to end being Debbie Downer so something on the positive side. Paxton is tearing up a banana right in front of me (and his hand, and the tray and the ground and his chair and the poor mesh feeder) but to see such a cute and sweet and curious baby completely starts my day off the right way...
OH! And...although Joe won't remember (and I SWEAR I won't be chastising him for it in any way, shape or form because I knew this about him before we got married) but HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO US. Two years down, many many more to go :) We have lots to show for our 3.5 years together and if it is any indication of the future, well, geez God is good. I love you stinky head <3
3 comments:
Congratulations on your special day! P is getting so big and his face is filling out. Soleil is filling out too...I noticed on her picture proofs...I got a little chubba :)
We're praying for Connor. Poor little guy! I hate that for them.
Congrats on your anniversary! We'll see you guys soon.
Kami
PS: Hopefully TX will stay #1 a little while longer....; )
Happy Anniversary!
I hope everything gets better for you! It sounds like a terrible week. I'll be praying for the little boy.
On a better note, i love that picture. The first he looks sooo big. He's growing up fast!
Post a Comment