31 August 2008

This too shall pass.



Well Paxton and I are both a little sick again.  I'm not sure why.  Poor kid was waking himself up all night trying to breathe.  This too shall pass.  At least we're sick on a long weekend so daddy is helping 150% of the time.  He always helps but you know what I mean.  Being sick just sucks in general and having a sweet little midget baby that is sick is even worse.  I just feel so badly for him!

Despite the sickness, we are making a big change around here.  It won't take place until later this week but it's a biggy :)  We are starting to cloth diaper.  Yep.  I've ordered a good starter amount of diapers and really think this can work!  I ultimately want enough for 3 days of no washing but we're taking it one diaper at a time.  I'm not going to be opposed to sposies (yes, there is cloth diapering lingo) but why not help the environment, my wallet and Paxton's little booty all at the same time.  I've struggled with the decision and we're trying it out!  The good thing is, if it doesn't work for whatever reason, we can make 100% of our money back.  It IS a little more at first but the kind I'm buying should last until we are done potty training.  Especially with him being so tiny!   

Not much else is going on.  We have 6 month pictures scheduled for Thursday.  Joe goes back to work Tuesday.  I'm helping out a friend on Wednesday and PRAYING Paxton is better so we can do so.  I'm taking two classes online through UALR and that is going well.  

Oh, I forgot to mention.  Paxton has a twin that is about 8 months older than him.  A sweet little 15 month old in our playgroup has his own website.  There are a few videos on it so I watched the one of him crawling.  When I first watched it I thought it was Paxton.  In fact, I have watched it about 20 times and every time I think it's my kid.  A little too freaky :)

Okay. Almost time for dinner :)


2 comments:

Melissa said...

Kudos on taking the plunge into the wild world of cloth! I am only 2 months in, but I absolutely love it and have zero regrets. If you need any info I would be happy to share my (limited!) experience with you.

Also ~ On the getting sick thing. I hear you. I always felt so cheated or sad when my breastfed baby got sick (for us it was ear infections, both kids had one at just 4 months old while being EBF). Its like I expected them to have the immmune system of feral cats or something as a result of all that nursing. Dont take it personally, know that his little immune system is just getting strengthened each time he gets and gets over an illness.

Hope your handsome little man is feeling better soon!

MJ said...

What is this? You're leaving our club? Well well I guess I'll have to follow suit real soon :)