22 August 2011

And Right Foot Makes Two

So in April 2010 I had the worst Saturday ever.  Since then I have not had a Saturday so jumbled and painful and sad.  But man, I sure did want to try and top that day this past weekend.  In fact, so much so, that it was quite reminiscent of that day.  If you forgot about that Saturday, please feel free to read about it HERE.  

So this past weekend started out like any other.  Get up. Get ready. Take Thing 1 to registration for his dance class that starts in two weeks. We registered and headed to get my hair cut.  My girl was no longer at the salon but I had good recommendations of 3 others in the same salon.  Of course none of them were free but I assumed (uh-oh) that the other girl would be equally as talented.  Boy, was I wrong.  Not only did she start off on a bad foot but adding an extra appointment in before mine leaving her running behind but she gave me the worst hair cut I've had in years.  I said chin length, she went lip length.  I showed her 5 pictures, she followed none of them.  I said I didn't want it straightened, she whipped out the CHI. I expected it to at least be even, she left it so terribly bad that the most unobservant person I know (love you honey bear) noticed how bad it was.  I was so angry I couldn't talk. I just left. And went home. And re-cut it, added the layers I asked for and actually styled it the way I wanted it to be done.  

This is what it looked like AFTER I fixed the horrible length issues.  Only two inches shorter than I asked for but at least we don't have random segments sticking down all over the place.
 This is after I recut the back and added layers and stacked it and styled it. 
 So after I regained composure, I left for a bit of browsing in a local antique store.  I didn't plan to buy anything but found this bowl and loved it.  I have decided I want to start picking up Pyrex on the cheap so when we do build a house, I can have all open cabinets and beautiful functional bakeware can fill the shelves. I called my groom and asked if he would mind me purchasing this, to boost my hair spirits and he said go for it.  So I did. 
 I checked my phone and noticed the time.  It was time for me to head to work.  I paid, left the mall with some other nice people, headed to cross the road to my car and then got thrown out of the way by said man as to avoid getting him by a crazy driver car that was peeling out of the parking lot as to speed away and pay little regard to those who are crossing said parking lot. I'm a look both ways kind of gal, and this guy (or girl, I really don't know) was just crazy.  So, what we ended with was a scraped/scratched up left leg and foot (which is now bruising and sore) and a sprained/broken right foot.  I mean, REALLY? 

It was all laughable in the end as I truly am a count my blessings kind of girl.  I gave my name and number to the store people and the man that helped me because I had to get to work.  I arrived, sat, was doctored and shortly sent home. I tried to stay but just couldn't do it.  (I wasn't expected to stay, but I'm stubborn...what can I say?).  I am doing my best to stay off it and also use it properly instead of limping around awkwardly.  Joe is doing his best to cook us dinner and keep the kids happy.  He is home from work today but will go back tomorrow.  I am going to decide today if I want to try and go back tomorrow as well. It hurts. I'll live :)
 
Here is to a better week than weekend.  To having time to actually get ahead in school and not fall behind in the first week.  To enjoying a day or two of sitting because the good Lord knows these days are few and far between!
 
I hope everyone has an excellent week!

No comments: