09 May 2011

Visitor and Easter

We had a visitor.  His name was Raccoon.  Raccoon the raccoon.  He was minding his own business, eating some bird seed and my super smart husband (love you dear) thought it'd be a good idea to let the dogs out after him.  There was a bilingual blood bath (okay, that was a movie reference, name that movie for 10 points!).  I did not condone this behavior one bit, the dogs came in with some cuts and the raccoon hasn't been back since.  I kind of feel bad for the little guy.


So we celebrated Easter.  Quite traditionally!  We had a lovely potluck with friends and some family and a big egg hunt in the back yard.  

And we had Peeps.  Chocolate moose milk chocolate dipped peeps.  
Dear Peep Makers:

I.
LOVE.
YOU.

And Dad:

I.
LOVE.
YOU.

They were awesome.  The first one I ate was simply tossed in my mouth and chewed.  I realized amidst my chewing how delicious it was and savored the next one.

Hello little Peep. Loverly day we're having, no?


And then I bit his head off. 


And it was good.

Emory looking at Ms. Carla's chickens and duckies at the church Easter egg hunt.



Emory finding eggs. He also found $10.  Hooray!  Only $47,990 more and we've got ourselves a college education.  Doesn't seem so bad when you put it like that...oh wait...yes it does.

Anyway.


Paxton remembered his good friend Easter bunny like old college roommates.  He hugged him, high fived him and followed him around.  He loves him some characters.  I can't assure you he does NOT get that from me...



Paxton finding eggs.

Paxton finding eggs at the Easter dinner at our house.


The boys on Easter Sunday in the shirts my mom sent them!  I have to admit I'm kind of digging the matchy matchy.



Only 2 more papers and school will done for me this semester.  Hopefully then I'll be able to blog a bit more regularly.  Until then, I'm playing catch-up.  My mother-in-law (who has been ever so helpful this semester) is coming all day tomorrow and staying through dinner so hopefully I'll have the chance to take out both papers if not at least 1.5 of them.  

Hugs, Meg

2 comments:

Joe said...

Anchorman?

Jenn said...

Your boys are soo cute!!

I have never had a chocolate peep. Too bad easters over. :(

Raccoons scare me!