02 May 2011

Silence

Who knew that silence was a quality I possessed? Not anyone that knows me, that's for sure.  This past month has been a nice long one!  I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing but I'm glad May is here.  I shake May warmly by the hand.  

Daddy's birthday was at the end of March so I surprised him with a stay-cation.  We stayed at a nice hotel, had a great dinner, enjoyed a full night rest, got caught up on our TV shows and then had a lovely brunch the next morning!  I'm now married to an old man!  He's a whopping 31 =)  My mother-in-law stayed with the boys and it was the first time we'd ever been away just the two of us in 3.5 years. It was much needed!


We then got last minute tickets to Florida where Joe's grandparents live for a wonderful price.  It just so happened to be at a time when other family was already going to be visiting so it was a nice get together.  

We traveled on Vision Airlines and it was an EXCELLENT flight.  They really treated us well.  They even blocked off the row behind us so we could have room for Emory and his carseat.  We didn't purchase a seat for him but they gladly welcomed us and helped us out.  We were able to bring both carseats and the boys were safely harnessed the entire time!  Hooray!

Emory's first plane ride =)  There were a lot of people praying for this flight and for our peace with Emory.  He's not exactly the most easy going baby and we were really nervous about how he'd do.  Like, really nervous.  Like, hardcore actually anxious and terrified nervous. But he did great.   

We arrived late at night but the very next day we went to the beach.  Paxton adored it. It was his second time to the beach and he took to it like, well, a fish to water!  Emory loved it. Until a wave got him.  Then he was done!

And then we came home and I got my hair cut and we lived happily ever after!


Joe's job is going well.  I'm praying for favor in an upcoming opportunity for him.  He is SO good at what he does and so knowledgable in his field.  I know he is and I see it in him, I hope he knows how great and intelligent he is!  

Let's see.  What else. Our fridge was going out.  Lovely.  First Joe's truck...we paid cash to fix it.  Then we chose to take a vacation. Then our fridge...it was either pay potentially 500 to fix it or find something online or get a new one.  We are blessed to have a chest freezer and we could rig the fridge to work some every day. But then it decided to stop working at all.  So we looked around and called and looked around called and really nothing was working in our favor.  So off we went to buy a new one. But before I went to buy one I decided to try and call a guy one more time before leaving and he answered and we ended up getting a like new fridge and a matching dishwasher!  We've had a love hate relationship with our dishwasher.  The display panel is/was messed up.  But it worked. So we dealt with it. But then it would kind of semi wash on it's own because we'd budge a button the wrong way and anyway, it was annoying.  Needless to say we got them both and we have the fridge hooked up and working great and Joe is going to try and work on the dishwasher tonight! It ended up costing us $700 to  get them both and we're really excited about it =)

The boys are both doing great.  Emory is honestly a different child.  He's happy.  A lot.  More than ever before.  He's so sweet and just runs (literally) to me saying "mama mama mama".  He gives silly kisses and cute cuddle hugs.  We're really soaking this in because we're definitely not used to it. 

Paxton is just growing so fast.  He's getting so smart...(I know, all parents say this).  He puts together the most amazing thoughts and really can use logic.  He's also hilarious.  The other night we were all sitting in the hallway after the boys bath and the conversation went like this:

:TOOT:
Daddy: Paxton, did you just toot?
Paxton: No.
Daddy: What was that, then?
Paxton: Um, a barking spider.  

REALLY?  Did he seriously say that? And where does one hear that? I KNOW I've never said that. I'd never even heard it. Ever.  Kids...they're just so funny =)

Both of the boys are physically growing well.  We had their well child visits last week and they're healthy.  I've got their stats and I'll update that info in the sidebar.  I just know Emory has moved up as far as his percentile (which surprised the doctor because she expected him to be on whole milk and he's on unsweetened almond milk which has like, 35 calories for a glass).  I guess it's proof that good food does make a body grow!  Paxton is in the 50th percentile for weight and the 80th for height. He's a tall stinker.  

Well, time to get some clothes put up and get back to the boys!  Hope everyone has an excellent May!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

YAY!!! :D Love you!