01 February 2011

I'm still alive but I'm barely breathing...

This post will likely be long.

I'm breathing.   Fully. Not barely. But it feels that way.  January has been FULL. From snow days to birthdays to school, it's just been a lot. We celebrated sweet Emory's birthday 3 times.  Once with my mother in law, father in law, mom and brother, once with just our little family of four and once with a few friends. We celebrated a friends birthday as well.  We got snowed in for 2-3 days. I started school full time online. It's just been a lot. Most nights are bed on or after 11. The kids are still {dramatic} wonderful. They seem to covet my time every second of every day. I'm only able to type what I'm typing now for 2 minutes without interruptions because the 2 year old is in time out. 

Anyway~Pictures

Our house covered in snow. It hadn't even been snowing all day yet. It covered up pretty quickly!
 A 2 year old that was less than thrilled about the snow.
 A mommy and her baby bundled up in the snow <3
 We made snow cream!
 It got this 2 year olds seal of approval!
 We had a birthday party with my mother in law, father in law and then my mom and brother.  
 This is what a kid who never gets junk looks like when he gets junk food. He went off the deep end.
 On his actual birthday.  Daddy took off work and we played at Rock Creek, ate lunch in their cafe and then had a nice afternoon and evening at home!
Emory with his presents from Mommy, Daddy and Brother.

 Emory {Paxton} opened presents!
 Played on his new rocking horse!
 We had a birthday dinner with E and it was fit for a kid.  They had some all natural chicken nuggets and Annie's mac n cheese. I think it was a hit :P Then he enjoyed some more cake with us!
 Had a birthday party with some friends.
 It was a tiny little pajamas and pancakes party.  We had pancakes that were baked like cupcakes. We had whipped cream, blueberries, chocolate chips and bananas.  We also had a breakfast casserole and sausage balls.  Being we kept it SO small this year, I had way more food left then I care to admit.  
 Emory's birthday mantle.
 One of my very BEST friends. I <3 her.
  
 Our Familia!
 Then the weather warmed up for 2 days.  It was up near 70 so we had to take advantage of it.  We played out front, out back, went on walks and just had a great time with open windows and lots of time together.
 Paxton found our old nursing necklace <3
 Emory found nature. And ate it. Ew. 

That was January in a nutshell. Long/busy/tiring/wonderful.

E is fully walking of course. He is still *better* but whiney to boot sometimes.  He and his brother rarely allow me to do anything without them screaming, fighting, pushing, crying. 

Paxton is good. He is a smart little poop head. He bargains with us. We offer  him 2 of something, he asks for 5. He can count to 20 on his own. He recognizes letters, shapes, colors and some numbers. He knows his full name, birthday and his brother's full name.  We'll ask him "paxton, what mommy's name" and he'll say "I don't know Megan (Last name)".  It's cute. 

Daddy is doing well. He works. Then comes home and is awesome. He usually takes the kids after dinner until bed time so I can do school work. He cleans up dishes, messes with any laundry I haven't done and honestly does anything else I ask him to. Pretty much because he's awesome.  I wouldn't be making it without him.

Then there is me. I'm in school full time as I mentioned.  3 of my classes said I should spend 10-12 hours a week on their class.  Really?  So for those 3 classes alone I should be spending 30 HOURS a week studying. UGH.  Hence the title. I don't even know how to function at this point.  After this semester I *think* I have about 12 hours left until I graduate. It's neat to think about but I'm not overly excited about it.  I don't plan on working outside of the home but it's nice to have that to fall back on.  Coupled with my Army time, should the need for me to take on a paying job arise I'm sure the degree won't hurt!

Okay. I've rambled enough.  If I owe you a phone call, it's coming.  If I haven't responded to an email, I will. If you don't hear from me until May, I'm sorry.  

BUT I hope everyone has a GREAT February.  I'll post pictures of the very little V-Day decor I've put up soon!

1 comment:

Chell said...

Yeah for the update! Are you catching any snow from what we are getting? Man it's ick out there!