The weather is finally cooling off and we're finally able to consider enjoying the great outdoors again! I'm so thrilled to be able to play out back with the boys and eat dinner outside without being drenched in sweat after only 2 minutes. This past weekend we were even able to enjoy going to the park :)
E loves being outside and just hangs out in the arms of one of us. I remember that awkward phase with P. It's like, you can't just let him down on the ground but he wants to play like a big kid. He doesn't mind just relaxing though, so it works for now!
P, of course, loves the slides and swings and walking and running and playing and all things of that nature. It's SO good to get out of the house with him! I foresee lots of weekends at the park!
I'm going to venture out and say that E is getting better. We've switched his formula from the "good" stuff to some stuff that better suits his digestive tract. The kind we're buying now partially breaks down the lactose (milk proteins) before they ingest it as opposed to their bodies doing all the work. It seems to be working MUCH better. He's still him (fidgety, mama's boy, temperamental) but he's at least happy a bit more. I love a happy baby. I LOVE a happy baby! I LOVE a happy baby because a happy baby means a happy mommy. A happy mommy is a better mommy and well, yeah.
Part of my happy mommy syndrome is finding things to do that are just *mine*. I'm going to school and while that is mine that is not fun work. I have finally found something that is fun, productive, cheap and *mine*. I bought this china cabinet and hutch when we moved into this house. It's old, erm, antique, dated and I thought it was exactly what I wanted. Well, I was wrong! Come to find out I really couldn't stand the look of it in my dining room anymore. So, a friend turned me on to an old blog that I was following but never checked. Over at All Things Thrifty she had featured someone who redid a buffet and I thought "hey, I could do that". So I did. I'm giddy like a little school girl thrilled with the results.
Yeah. I love it. I can't wait to put it in the dining room when I'm done painting it. I'll have before and after pics of that too!
Anyway. That's what's up! Can't wait to do more projects!!! My kitchen chairs are next, then the playroom furniture. Then paint. :)
Happy Wednesday!



3 comments:
Wow...what a transformation! I love the color you chose. I know what you mean about something "just for you." I feel the exact same way!
So glad you found a "you only" thing to do! I need one of those...maybe you will inspire me to find my niche! What formula did you switch E too? I'm glad you are seeing some results and he's happy again. A happy baby DOES make a happy mama!
OOOooohhhh! LOVE it! My kind of furniture redo! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. My second born is my...strong willed/independent thinker...difficult child too! That's exactly why that video meant a lot to me too! Love your blog! =)
Post a Comment