01 August 2010

Solids and Tennessee


I have eager to start solids yet dreading it at the same time.  It's hard to eat when you have to feed a kid that can't yet feed himself.  I haven't even started making my own foods for the poor guy yet.  He's had some store bought organic applesauce but that's it. Wait. No, he also gummed a green bean from a garden.  He's really not seemed ready for it all but we'll see what happens. I'm not rushing it.  It's all in his timing when he is ready.  I think I'll probably try some butternut squash sometime this week and maybe pick up a few veggies to make something else as well.



We took a trip down to Tennessee for Paxton's good friend's birthday.  He turned the big 3!!!!  They had so much fun jumping in the bounce house, playing with toys and just hanging out.  It was SO wonderful to see Jason and Tracy again and I can't wait until the next time.  I told them that unfortunately they didn't move far enough away so undoubtedly, there will be a next time. 



This picture is just cute.  You should just stare at it.  And say to yourself "wow, that picture is cute".  The picture is cute because of the cuteness of the little turkey sitting in it.  This picture is even MORE cute (cuter?) because of the sweet onesie that adorns the cuteness of the little turkey.  My wonderfully dear friend Kami makes these custom and sells them in her etsy shop.  If you are looking for a sweet, chic, one of a kind baby gift you should check her out HERE. You'd be crazy not to.

So, as I mentioned we went to Tennessee.  If you've ever read my blog you know Thing 2 hates car rides.  Either he's changed or Tennessee is his happy place because he was WONDERFUL.  Not just in the car but the entire trip.  I love that we stayed with our friends because it really did create more of the home environment that he's used to.  I'd like to think he's getting better but as soon as we got home he started teething again.  I'm assuming he'll be teething for the next, oh, year or so...so we better just strap in and hold on for dear life.  

Well, it's Sunday.  I'm sick. I've done little to nothing today thanks to dear sweet husband.  I'm dreading tomorrow if I still feel like this but such is the life of a stay at home mom. 

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone!  

No comments: