22 July 2010

It's my Friday! Hip Hip, Hooray!!!!

(Mmmmm, sketti)
(Playing with a puppet kid Grandpa Danny sent him.  He loved it :) )
(The blueberries Joe, his Dad and I picked.  So beautiful!!!  It was a little bit of work but worth every drop of sweat.)

Today is my Friday and I couldn't be more thrilled!  Husband is taking off tomorrow so we can go to Tennessee to see some of our wonderful friends that moved in December.  Their little boy is turning 3 and we're so thrilled we get to celebrate with them!

The past few weeks have been lovely, but tiring.  My cousin came and stayed with us for two weeks after mom left and it was a HUGE help.  I had someone to help with the boys when I had things that just needed to be done...ya know...like peeing.  I got to pee (or just hide in the bathroom, shhh, don't tell) in peace.  I don't know the last time I got to do that so many times consecutively since Paxton was born.  It was a lovely thing!  She was also totally awesome in that she minded her p's and q's and never gave me a run for my money.  

I will say, however, that I don't know if I could be a teenage girl today.  I must have lived in a big fat bubble in Jr. High and High School.  I mean, towards the latter years of high school there might have been a little drama here and there and a few tears shed in a band room over silly stuff but really, nothing like today.  I'm scratching my head wondering when I got so old.  It's funny because I'm "closer" now to people from high school that I never talked to back then.  It's not about the past and all that but where you are now.  If only I understood that in high school...if only.  If kids would understand that popularity doesn't carry into adult we'd be much better off.  Sadly, some of the drama does go with you but you don't have to be involved in it and it doesn't circle you like a bully on a bike trying to steal your milk money.  

I reiterate that having my cousin here was GREAT.  LOVELY.  WONDERFUL.  But it also reinforced my "I'm terrified to have a third baby because I'm so scared of having a girl" mindset.  I am hoping (and literally praying) that God sees fit to give us just one more boy.  If he chooses to, I swear I won't push it anymore. Some people feel their family will be complete with one boy and one girl...I think I'm meant to have 3 boys.  Guess we'll see one of these days :o)

The boys are doing well.  First born is getting smarter and louder.  Second is getting cuter and sweeter.  They both require lots of mommy hugs and kisses and I won't complain about that!  The little one is quite the mommy's boy.  If he is being held by Daddy but I walk in, he needs me.  If I walk out without him he cries and screams.  I'm not used to this as big brother was always wanting his Daddy.  He sure makes me work for it, that's for sure!

I'm getting ready to start school again in the Fall.  Just one class but hey, it's progress.  I only have 27 hours (9 classes) left before I graduate!!!  Awesome, right?  It'd be awesome if money grew on trees or someone else was putting me through it.  :o)  I've put myself through thus far (well, the Army paid a lot of it but I served 8 years so I figure that counts) but the whole family+one income (by choice, not complaining)+refusing to use student loans makes it a little bit more of a puzzle.  I just can't justify borrowing money to do this.  I am in no way judging or thinking badly of those who use student loans but I simply know that they aren't for me (us).  It'll be work.  It'll be a lot of number crunching and being wise stewards of our money.  It'll be a lot of trusting God and using His wisdom to do it.  But it'll be worth it.  I also figure that if I can make 800 friends and each of those friends lets me have a dollar, this semester is paid for. I'll let ya know how that works out (or where you can send the dollar if you're interested...wink wink...).

Well, I've got 3 napping kids, an email to send and some eyelids that miss me.  Have a great weekend!

No comments: