01 July 2010

Baseball.

Baseball Game June 2009

Same boy, Baseball Game June 2010

New boy, Baseball game 2010
Really sweet picture of Thing 1 laying next to Thing 2 and not trying to kick him in the face.  

A wise man once said "it's gettin' hot in hurr, so take off all your clothes".  Maybe he wasn't so much wise as he was a rapper, but really, his sentiments are dead on.  It's HOT outside and me no likey.  Despite the fact it is super hot we decided to trek out to the Traveler's game with husband's company. Nothing is cuter than a boy and baseball, right?  How about TWO boys and baseball?  Or TWO boys covered in SWEAT in a nasty amount of humidity it just rained and Mommy is moody and hot and tired and doesn't like the heat and baseball...yeah, it was cute.  But really, it was.  I enjoy nothing more than seeing my family happy and well.  And Thing 1 was pretty happy, and Thing 2 was perfect (more than likely because he was melting) but Baseball 2010 will probably be repeated next year.  We left early in the first inning, I think?  But really that was more than enough baseball for everyone.  At least the food was good. And we got ice cream. And a bat and ball (bribe to keep kid from crying when we left...don't judge me)

I started keeping a friend's son today.  He is one of Paxton's favorite friends. I've kept him before and I think they're having even more fun now.  He loves to play with his beloved friend and minus a small bite (darn Twilight and it's influence on our kids), things are going well. In fact, this is the best day I have personally had in darn near 2 weeks. We've all played, done puzzles, read books, ate snacks and lunch, watched an episode of Clifford, played some more...it's pretty much been a great day.  I am considering braving the world with 3 boys tomorrow but only to another friends house for some "Patriotic Pancakes".  

Speaking of that, the 4th is approaching and it's really not my holiday.  I love what it represents 100% but I don't love how we celebrate. I did throw up a few decorations as one day I want the kids to say "remember how mom used to decorate for every holiday" and they come out of their childhood with fond memories...yeah...I want that.  I also plan on making one of my childhood 4th of July "recipe" memories that my meme used to make.  Red, white and blue jello cups :-P  I'm very excited as I hope to start making them every year for our kids!

Sigh, baby thinks he's done napping.  Mommy has a different opinion.  Off I go.

No comments: