I love smiley babies. Thing 2 is only one to smile when prompted but really, that's fine by me. I'd hate to have a kid that was happy all the time. I mean, how boring would that be? Wait. Probably not that boring. But still, when he smiles, isn't it adorable?
And then there is this guy. He loves to show his faces. Hey, show me your surprised face. "Otay mommy. GASP" It's cute, no?
And more of my favorite things. Food. Food. Mmmmm, Food. I really don't like fried foods. I can live without french fries and chicken tenders and chicken fried steak and even fried potatoes. But homegrown onions, squash and okra...mmmm...maybe I do like fried food. Our dinner didn't really go together but a nice whole wheat organic bbq chicken pizza bread isn't complete with out some fried veggies, right? I ate ENTIRELY too much. Thank goodness for redemption.
Not too much going on in mommymegville. We had a nice weekend completely with a chiropractor visit, a trip to whole foods and some nice time alone while the boys ran to Hot Springs to pick up some potatoes. Sunday morning Daddy and I went swimming with our good friends and left the wee one with our friends mom. Poor poor lady. Baby cried. And cried. It wasn't her, it was him. People always give me crap for being what they consider overly narrative with what to do with our kids but as babies they have both been so temperamental that if you don't hold/touch/feed them just right, it's just not going to work. I even asked if I should leave a detailed list (for that 2 hours we'd be gone) and she said no. Poor gramma probably wishes she would have said yes, haha. Needless to say, please don't be offended if you ever watch my kids and your "list" is 2 pages long. Front and back. It's really for your own good.
So after swimming we headed home and hung out with Daddy all day. He had shrimp burgers with sauteed green beans and tomatoes and twice baked mashed potatoes for dinner. The boys gave him cards they made (well Paxton made them and he was proud!) and we just spent time together. It was nice.
We're almost halfway into another week. I don't want to wish away our week but I can't wait until we're hanging out with Daddy on the weekend again. But away he goes to work to provide for the family :) Darn him.
Happy Tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment