I'm behind. What else is new?
It seems I am able to cross off everything on my to-do list daily. Sadly, blogging is rarely on that list. Maybe if I add it, it will be done?
I've been doing terrible in the taking pictures department as well. When you've got one kid on you and another tugging at your pants it's hard to pick up the camera. I sadly just now took my first video of Thing 2 rolling over. He's only been doing it for nearly 2 months...sigh.
We went to a birthday party at The Little Gym. It's a cute non competitive gymnastics/cheer/dance program that offers parties, classes and things of that nature. Thing 1 had a BLAST. He was up and down and back and forth and running and sitting and jumping and any other adjective that you can use to describe a two year old in a play area. Thing 2 was quite...chill. He didn't care for cake or jumping or anything really, besides eating. Side note...isn't my husband quite attractive? I sure do think so!
Anyway. Thing 1 is loving life. He embraces all that comes along with being 2. See, I thought that he was two before. In fact, I thought he hit the "terrible twos" (I hate that term) early. My dearest friends, Kami and Tracy, told me...Just wait. I thought ignorantly oh no, i know my child. this is him being two. we'll wade through this phase early and be done and back on track with angel-ville. They were right. I should have waited. I've called poison control 3 times. Deodorant, sunscreen and all natural surface cleaner. He's colored on things other than paper with hilighter and sharpie. He does things simply to spite me. That word sounds harsh. How about this one: Simply because he knows he is not supposed to and stares at me until I've seen what he's done then runs away laughing as I frantically look for a number to call to find a new home for him. Yes, that is more like it. So, when you think that they've hit those twos...just wait. And I mean it. Just wait.
Thing 2 is doing well. He's still getting better and that is a win in my book. He isn't swaddled to sleep anymore and doesn't sleep in his swing. We get decent naps from him and I'm hoping that as he gets more active, the naps will be longer and more solid. He's not really doing much besides rolling around and watching the big kids play. Oh my, how he longs to be a big kid. Don't rush it toots, these really are the best years of your life...and the sad part is, you won't remember them! I'm not saying life is bad but babies just never get to know how good they've got it.
As a family, we're doing great. We've started seeing the chiropractor and I don't think there are enough good words to describe my feelings about him and his practice. He's more patient with my children than their pediatrician has ever been...and I do really like our pediatrician so that is saying something. He's kind, educated, fluent and considerate. He explains things to us and it seems that what he says really does make sense. I never leave there thinking "huh?". From the first time I saw him I've slept better than I've slept in YEARS. Literally. I've dreamed every single night. Before, I couldn't go to bed early and I woke up crabby. Now I want to go to bed and I wake up feeling rested and well. From the day Thing 2 saw him he's been in better spirits as well. He went from a fussy-all-the-time baby to a it's-really-not-as-bad-out-here-as-i-thought kind of kid. Thing 1 is still warming up to the idea and even though he sees him every time, he doesn't charge us for it because he isn't doing much with him. I think I've even converted husband. After 1 visit husband had an "AHA" kind of moment with his findings and I think we've found something we'll be going back to again and again. I can honestly say that I've even been better with my kids after this. I was SO short tempered with the 2 year old before and we're really had 2 great weeks. I really believe that this is one of the best things I've/we've ever done to take care of our bodies and even if you're healthy you should consider checking it out. I'm also quite giddy about the fact that Dr. John parents his daughter the same way we choose to parent our boys. Gentle discipline, cloth diapers, no vax/delayed vax...you get it. It's just refreshing!
I suppose I've not got too much more to update on. We're well. Life is good. Summer hasn't even officially began and I'm sick of it already. The bills are paid. The fridge is full. My living room is adorned with too many toys things that make my little dude happy. Life is good!


3 comments:
You're not giving me much hope about the being 2 thing. I thought mine had hit the "terrible twos" early and now I read he hasn't. Oh well.
And three is even more fun, but with better communication abilittes!! :) AND We LOVE the Little Gym!! Ady had her 3rd b-day party there!!
Good luck Kyla! :)
Jackie, what I'm telling myself is that "no, he's hit that terrible 3 stage early"...I wish ;o)
Post a Comment