I really wanted to blog more in December. And then Paxton killed the radio star. Or my computer. Same thing. New baby MAC is on it's way and all will go back to the way it should be once it arrives. Dearest old MAC, you will be missed.
Christmas is coming quickly. Shopping is pretty much done. No Christmas cards this year from us, but Baby announcements are a sure fire thing. I'm ready to start getting those ready to go, I mean, once the baby gets here of course. Sorry I can't do both Christmas AND Baby cards. I guess I fail at being awesome and doing everything I intend to. I'm over it.
Paxton has jumped full force into terrific twos. It's been a few up and down weeks. Sweet child of mine, I will forever love you despite the small spikes in blood pressure you seem to enjoy watching mommy endure.
Emory is on his way. A few more miles (or weeks) and we'll be through with this part of the journey. He's still as active as can be in there. I think he enjoys his current living arrangements. I actually had a dream last night that I went to my meme's house and she was crocheting a bunch of pink blankets for us. Maybe baby three?
Speaking of meme's...I'm sad. Very sad. I don't ever remember, in my short 24 years, missing Christmas at her house. I know that the trip would be nearly impossible at this point but I'm still sad. We're having our big Christmas dinner with Joe's family this year. I'm so thankful we get to spend time with them as well of course but nothing will ever measure up to overflowing towers, Christmas trees where you can't see the green because there are so many ornaments on it, more food than any human should possibly ever consume and every variety of everything you can imagine. A small living room filled with family and fun, a kitchen where nearly everyone is kicked out if you get in Meme's way and the fact that last year she actually let me bring dessert...we'll be there next year and we'll take two babies instead of just one which will be great, but as I said, I'm still sad. And you know, despite the fact that all families are well, interesting, there is never tension at meme's. It is one of my favorite childhood memories and I'm just a wee bit blue. It's hard to change after 24 years. I know it's not as big of a deal to Joe or Paxton, but I'm already away from them almost every day of the year, I hate being away for this too.
BUT to end on a happy note...My mom and brother will be here Christmas afternoon and stay for 10 days. During those 10 days we'll welcome baby Emory. We've (knock on some serious wood) stayed healthy this entire season and pregnancy. The hospital has a very strict policy about not allowing germies in with the mom or baby and I know if Paxton were unable to come visit I'd pretty much not be happy so I'm very thankful for our health. I'm also thankful that this c-section will be a 180 from last time. The first person to hold our baby will be Daddy. The second person will be me. Unless it is medically necessary they will not take him away from me. From birth to recovery to room, he is with me. I won't miss his first bath like I did with Paxton. No one gets to see him until I've had the chance to bond with him. It'll actually just be Daddy and I at the hospital when Emory is born and that will be great for us to get a feel for our new little addition. Then Paxton will get to meet his little brother and we'll go from there. SO excited. SO excited.
Well I've been nothing but lazy today (which is well deserved if you ask me) but I better get up for now. Hopefully the next time I post I'll be posting from baby MAC and have pictures to share :)
Happy Sunday!
3 comments:
Woman... you have about 11 more years before you can even begin to think of stepping in meme's kitchen. It took me til 35 before I was allowed! HEY, you did get to peel potatoes a few years ago! THAT was a huge step!! LOL On a side note: It is a proven fact, that if you pick your jeans outta your butt crack while trying to help in meme's kitchen, you will not be allowed back in again. No second chances there... We will miss you all!
So glad you blogged :)
Merry Christmas my friend!
oops, it's me..MJ :)
Post a Comment