16 June 2009

Sloppy Joe or Manwich?



We went for a swim with Aunt Jessie today.  They are about to move out of their apartment complex and hadn't used the pool once so we went for a swim.  It was fun and Paxton enjoyed being in the water, not so much his floatie boat!  Swimming is just so different with a little dude.  No "relaxing" just having fun with my little my guy.  Knowing he loves it makes it worth it though :)

Now let's get to the topic that is really of utmost important.  Manwich or Sloppy Joes made from scratch.  I wouldn't say "scratch" but from a seasoning pack, tomato paste and water.  Add onion and some bell pepper and voila!  So, tonight was my first Manwich experience.  I didn't know what to expect but it really wasn't bad.  Kind of tasted the same to be honest.  BUT the kicker is, I prefer to make things by scratch.  You don't need a reason to do something from scratch but I like finding one.  I looked at the can of Manwich and ingredient number 2 was high fructose corn syrup.  Why is that necessary???  I'm not anti junk food in moderation and I'm not anti sweet things at all but what is it's purpose in Manwich??? It doesn't make it taste better by any stretch of the imagination.  For 1.50-2 dollars you can buy a can of that or you can buy a seasoning pack for 50 cents, a can of tomato paste for 35 cents and use 1/4 of an onion for 25 cents for a grand total of $1.10.  I think Sloppy Joe wins in this house!  What do you think?  

Time for sleep in my new heavenly bed.  

3 comments:

Chell said...

I am so a MANWICH addict! I always have a can on hand for the craving! Nobody else in the house likes sloppy joes or manwich...so it's my little treat :)

Renee said...

You gotta go hardcore and make it without the packet! ;)

Jenn said...

He looks like he was having fun!

I grew up on mancwich and don't really have a problem with it. My hubby grew up on a farm & they just made sloppy joes with meat & ketchup, yuck!