21 April 2009

12 years and a few other things





12 years is a long time.  You go from laying to rolling to sitting to crawling to standing to walking to going to school...you get the picture...in that amount of time.  

What is significant about 12 years? Well, for one, it had been that long since I've seen my biological father.  That term sounds so, um, stout.  I'm so glad we got to see each other again though.  Over Easter we went to Oklahoma.  We probably would not have if it weren't for him and Grant coming to visit but I had no qualms about the trip at all.  We started talking via email again last year and it all just seemed right.  I really had a great trip and despite the lack of time we could spend in OK compliments of Joe's work, we had a really nice time.  It honestly didn't feel like it had been 12 years. I really feel like I can call him "dad" w/o reservation.  That is a nice feeling.  I also have to send a big thanks to Dad and Grant because the sock monkey in the box is a HUGE hit in this house!  Seriously, kid likes it a little too much!
 
Another significant number=5
5 generations 

Being it has been 12 years we haven't had the chance to take such a beautiful picture!  Great great grandma Betty is on the couch sitting.  Great grandma Sheila (meme) is standing.  Grandpa Danny (dad) is standing.  Paxton and I are the remaining two :)  How neat to be able to have this picture to treasure and share one day!

Paxton and his second cousin (my cousin) Kobi.  Two cute kiddos! Well one cute kid and a cute teenager :)
These are just pictures busting with cuteness so bask in their loveliness!  


School is almost over.  This=yay!
Army is pretty decent.  Passed my PT test and my weigh in.  Woot.
Family is divine.
God has blessed us.
Play group is kicking.

Couldn't ask for anything more :)

2 comments:

Shannon said...

This post made my heart happy

Chell said...

It made her heart happy, and my eyes teary!....My heart happy to :)